Finding the cowboy

We had all decided to make our way to Emerald Ranch after finishing our beers, we knew if he were about to leave, especially alone would be in the morning, and we didn't have time to run in the morning. As we rode in the complete darkness with only the stars to guide and light our way, I thought to myself. Ive never really heard of this Andrè, I didn't know every outlaw, but sometimes I was surprised on how I don't know all the big boys running around, especially solo. Hopefully he will come with us.

Hopefully.

As we made are way into Emerald Ranch I made my way straight to the bar, if you needed find someone you needed to look at the bar. I hopped off willow and tied her to the bars post, as I walked in I as met with the smell of alcohol, I looked around trying to spot this André, I didn't know what he looked like but I know I could spot an outlaw from anywhere, I was scanning my eyes across the room till I saw someone that caught my eye.

There was a man sitting in the back of the bar, he had an old worn out hat with a small feather, long black hair touching his shoulders, small stubby beard and three defined scars on the right side of his face ending at the bridge of his nose, and two beautiful revolvers on his sides.
I smiled to myself as I walked over to him,

This had to be André.

"Are you André?" I said to the man as I sat across from him. He lifted his head with a stern look on his face as he crossed his arms, already telling me my answer.
"Who's asking?" He said as knitted his eyebrows together with a sense of determination.

I crossed my arms as well, and then responded "Me, heard you could help us with a certain knucklehead?"

He rose a single eyebrow in response, I know now that I had grabbed his attention and it was clear, he knew something.

I leaned closer to him meeting his mean gaze, his brown eyes stared deeply into mine with a mean stare but something about it was reassuring. Like he could be trusted.

He sighed, "Patterson?" He said sending his gaze to the ground for a split second before making eye contact once again, "I work alone ma'am, and I can tell you got a little posse they don't seem to mind their own dam business." He chuckled slightly pointing behind him,

I scoffed "Come on, they know how to do their shit I tell ya, come on." I shook me head not realizing what I was about to say, I slow looked up to him, "Ill give you part of the fortune." André gave me a slight smirk.

"Fine, Ill do it miss"

"Good deal" I said cutting him off. He nodded and stood up, "I have a small camp nearby, ya can stay wit' me up there but tomorrow morning we head out. Cant stay in one place for too long." I nodded as I gathered the rest of the group giving them all the details I knew,

XXXXXXX

"Are you sure we can trust him?" Will said softly as we rode behind the outlaw to his camp. I looked to Will and gently smiled, "I reckon I do, dont know why but I can." Will nodded and fell back to the rest of the posse leaving me slightly behind André,

"So whats your name?" The man said turning his head slightly to the side to talk to me.

"Diana, Diana Conners." I said with a slight hesitation, I have never liked telling people my name. There was always the same aftermath.

"Conners?" André laughed, "The most wealthiest man around?"

Thats the reaction I was always got.

I gave a sigh to his suddenness realization, "Yes, thats my good ol' dad."

André gave out a scoff, "Wealthy kid turning into a outlaw? What happened to you cowpoke?"

"I didn't want to be apart of that life." I said ignoring his insult and tone. He slightly shook his his head as he turned his head back forward away from me, "No figures, wealthy brat doesn't want what daddy gives."

I knitted my eyebrows together in anger, I wanted to yell at him to say more but I couldn't, I didn't want to argue, nor explain myself. "Its not like that." Is all I could get out. All I got in response was a scoff telling me our conversation was far over, and any shape of friendship was also gone.

"Bratty rich kid" rung in my head;

Couldn't he come up with anything else?

Xxxxxxxx

We turned off the trail to a small camp, accompanied with a tent, small campfire and cooking supplies. I hitched my horse to the nearest tree and walked over to the center of the camp, "where shall we set up?" I said not daring to make eye contact with the outlaw.

"Wherever is fine, Conners" he said with a harshness in his tone when pronouncing my last name. I didn't know what his problem was, but honestly wouldn't dare to ask, nor care. I nodded, again ignoring his insults and rolled out my bed roll, we were only sleeping the night here so I didn't need to assemble everything else.

"We can discuss our plans tomorrow, its late. Get some rest." André said, getting into his tent. Me and the rest of the group said quick goodnights before the only sounds and light were the sounds of Big Wills soft snores and the stars filling the night sky, I stared at the sky taking everything in. All the colors and shapes that filled the sky before like always my eyes because drowsy and fell asleep.

Xxxxxxxxx

I awoke to the sound of the rest of group having chat, I sat up and rubbed my eye's looking around to see that André had taken his tent down and packed everything else up, I looked to my side to see that someone had made me eggs and I picked them up and started to eat, as André noticed I had awakened he began to speak.

"So since ya are all awake and fed I will ho over the plan. I don't know exactly where he is but I have some resources we can use. We will need to split up into groups and go to each resource, they will most likely send us all to another resource and so forth until we get close enough Patterson, we can meet up every couple of months and send letters as well on our findings. This will take a while so we all need to be patient. Does that sound like a deal?" He said looking around the group. We all nodded our heads in agreement.

"I feel that you and miss conners will go together while the rest of us go elsewhere, as shes the posse leader she needs to stick with you. We will be fine on our own." Queenie said as she finished her food, I stood up and rolled my bed roll up and nodded, "That sounds like a plan then." I said with a smile.

Great im stuck with cowpoke now.

André made quick eye contact with me before looking back to the rest of the group,

"Great," he said with a scoff, "I reckon the three of you go down to Black Water, to speak with a dear old fellow there, his name is John David. He can probably get you on your feet to the next location, he knows a thing or too about Patterson, while me and Conners will go to Saint Denis to talk to the mayor, kinda ironic that the leaders of our towns are corrupt." He said chuckling.
My heart stopped, Saint denis is my home. I haven't been there since I left home. What if I run into them? My thoughts were quickly blown away as he continued to speak,
"Well, I suppose its best we all move out now, the trips will be long ones." He said jumping onto his precious horse. I walked over to my horse and plop the bedroll on the back of Willow as I hopped on the saddle. I said my goodbyes and me André rode off,

Im going to be stuck with him for a bit.