𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 26

{𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 | 𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘫𝘢𝘩 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯}

————

Rosalie's pov ~

I observed Hayley as she got things ready for the party that I, and more so Rebekah, agreed to allow to happen. the full moon was almost at its apex, meaning the crescent wolves would soon become human for a short period of time.

Hayley noticed me from the clothing line where she was hanging clothes on. "Hey.." she awkwardly spoke, returning back to picking up clothes from the basket.

i walked up beside her. "Rebekah's inside making something to eat. mind if i help?"

she glanced over at me. "sure." she replied.

I nodded, assisting her with hanging the clothes.
The two of us continued in silence, uncomfortable tension arising.

Unsurprisingly I was the one to break the silence. "how's the baby?" i tried to make conversation.

she looked down at the stomach of hers that was getting larger every day, placing her hand on top of it. "I mean, yeah, she's alright." she awkwardly responded.

"You must do everything in your power to protect her, Hayley." she paused for a second at my unexpected words. "It won't always be so chaotic, but we will never truly have a moment where there aren't people conspiring against us Mikaelsons."

While keeping her eyes on the clothes, she processed my words. "And while i don't particularly like you, I'm willing to do anything to protect that child of yours. I make it my word to protect her like one of my own."

"I will keep my daughter safe to the best of my abilities," she spoke quietly. she shook her head, raising her hand to her forehead. "I just can't understand why you care about protecting her so much? I mean, as you said, you don't like me. And klaus, he was the man who daggered you for a near century. Why would you care about our child?" she questioned with genuine confusion.

I bit the side of my lip, swallowing the lump in my throat. "Because you have something I want, and though I can never have it, nor be you, I can do my best to have some sort of role in her life. that role may as well be the one making sure she is safe."

The conversation was becoming too complex, soon she would start feeling comfortable enough to ask me personal questions. That she had not deserved.

I sharply inhaled - I was glad to get that off my chest - giving her a tight-lipped smile. "I best go and check on Rebekah, make sure she hasn't started a blaze to the modern-day stove." I turned around and walked away before Hayley could say anymore.