Chapter 36

Chapter Thirty-Six

Sara's POV

Spring break began that weekend, which was the last one in March. For some reason, our school was really late on our breaks, but ya know.

"I've got a surprise for you over the break," Damon says as we walk to his car.

"Really? What is it?" I ask, suddenly enthusiastic and excited.

"Well it wouldn't be surprise if I told you, now would it?" Damon chuckles, making me shoot him a playful glare.

Basically, the entire weekend, we hung out at my house, or his house. We would either watch a movie or some of Law and Order, which he had an addiction to, but I definitely didn't get tired of being around him.

"Guess what?" Damon squeezes his arm that was around my waist as we laid on his bed and watched tv.

"What?" I ask, half asleep.

"You're surprise begins tomorrow," Damon whispers. I shoot up from his arms and look at him with wide eyes and a big grin.

"What's the plan?" I ask, resting my elbows next to him.

"Well, tomorrow after I take you to lunch, I'll take you to your surprise," he says vaguely.

I squint glare at him, making him smirk and kiss my head. "You're no fun."

Damon scoffs. "I'm the funnest guy you've met."

"And not the sharpest, apparently," I poke his nose make him wrinkle it. "Funnest isn't a word."

"Well it is now," Damon states confidently with a sassy tone, making me roll my eyes.

***

The doorbell rang I got up from my bed and padded to the door.

"Yes?" I ask, rubbing my eyes as I open the door. My hair was probably in every-which direction, my shirt was probably up and down in awkward places, and I felt one sweat pant leg hitched up just below my knee.

"Well, good morning, sunshine," Damon laughs. He takes his phone from his pocket, glancing at it before shoving it back. "It's almost eleven, crazy head."

"Time is a man made thing- so on and so forth- some fancy quote that contradicts whatever you just said," I mumble, leaving the door open for him to come in as I walk to the kitchen, stretching along the way.

"What do you think you're doing?" Damon asks I grab the cereal from the shelf in the pantry.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I snap back, grumpy from my morning state.

"Sara," Damon whines. "I'm taking you to lunch, remember? Then the surprise!"

I groan as I reluctantly throw the cereal back into the pantry and walk past Damon to my room. He follows and watches in disapproval as I sit on the bed.

"Do I have to do everything for you?" He teases. I just stare at him and nod, making him chuckle and shake his head before he walks to my closet. He comes out with a pair of denim shorts, and a band t-shirt. "Put these on, and get ready! I'll be back in here to help you pack."

"Pack?" I ask just as he closes the door, receiving no answer. I sigh and pick up the clothes, quickly changing into them before walking into my bathroom to wash my face and put on some thin eyeliner and mascara.

"Sara? Are you decent?" Damon asks through the door.

"Yeah," I say as I sit on my bed. "What did you mean by pack?"