Chapter 6

Chapter Six

After we had dropped off Madeline at the Willis', we drive to Olivia's house.

"You're gonna take a right after we pass the school," she says. Terrance does so, turning onto a street, filled with a bunch of houses with two, and some even three stories. Then he asks for the next instruction.

"I'll show you which house is mine," Olivia says. After a couple of minutes she points to a three story house at the end of the street, "That's my house right there. I guess my parents aren't home yet."

She sighs and thanks Terrance, who nods, before walking up her freakishly long driveway. Terrance drives off, deeper into the neighborhood. "I have to change real quick, then we can be on our way," He looks over at me with a smile.

"I'm alright with that," I nod before turning and looking at all the big houses as we pass them. You'd think I envy this, but, honestly, where I live right now is just right. It's not like my neighborhood is total ghetto, but it's not high class like this.

Terrance pulls into a house a little smaller than Olivia's, and parked te car. We get out and he leads me up to the door, unlocking it.

"You can go into the kitchen if you'd like," He says, pointing to a big area of marble tile. "I should be down in a few minutes, ok?"

"Okay," I nod, heading in the direction he told me to. The kitchen was humungous compared to mine with a huge fridge, island, sink, and stove and oven. I bet if I worked around his house, there was a chance of me getting lost. Sure it wasn't quite as big as Olivia's but damn.

I slide my hand down the cold, smooth marble. It was just so different from my kitchen. This kitchen was bigger than my flipping bedroom.

"You going on a date with that marble instead if me, Sarah?" Terrance's deep voice makes me jump, turning towards him. He begins to laugh before motioning him out of the kitchen. I follow him with my cheeks heated. Well that was embarrassing.

"You're so cute when you blush, Sarah bear," he chuckles. I slap him up the head making him chuckle an 'ow'. "Fine I'll just call you Sarah then," he sticks his tongue out at me as he opens my door. I grab his tongue and twist. "Top! Top! I Sawie okay? Et go o' my tongue!"

His words came out jumbled, making me giggle, releasing his tongue. He groaned, "Damn, woman! I won't be able to eat now," he pouts as he gets in the car.

"Oh, stop being such a baby and drive," I laugh, making him laugh with me as he drove out of his drive way.

A few minutes later, we arrived at a cute little diner on the outskirts of the city. I usually didn't say cute, but the diner was too innocent looking not to.

I opened my door and Terrance can't around with a pout, making me raise my eyebrow at him, "What's up with the piut, pretty boy?"

"I'm supposed to be a gentleman and open the door," he whined. "You have to get in and let me do it."

"Seriously?" I sigh, swinging my legs back in the car and shutting the door.

Terrance opens the car door with a smug smile, making me giggle, "Happy now?"

"Very," he nods, holding out his arm for me to interlock mine with. I reluctantly do so and he leads me into the diner, grinning like an idiot.

We take a seat at a booth by the window and pick up the menus already set there. I decided on a salad and a vanilla shake, and he decided on a burger with a chocolate shake.

A familiar girl walked up to us, with a notepad, ready to take our orders.

"Oh! Hey, Sarah!" The girl smiles. I just smile awkwardly back.