"Dylan's Viewpoint"

I remember the day my girlfriend Amber died. She was supposed to meet me (her boyfriend Dylan of three years) for dinner. I had told her that I had a big surprise for her. The surprise was that I was going to ask her to marry me. It never occurred to me that she would never see another day of life again. I should have asked her the question earlier, but waiting until the time of our three-year anniversary sounded much better and cute to me. Let me go back to the beginning two years ago on April 14, the day she died.

The morning that Amber died was like any other morning. I was waiting outside of her house on the porch so we could walk to school together. As usual she was late to meet me. This time I could feel that there was a reason that she was late waiting for me, but I didn't know why. The next thing I knew she busted through the door and grabbed my hand and ran toward our school. Her long black hair that was even with her elbows flowing in the wind as she ran. She had baby blue eyes.

As we were walking to the school

As we were walking to the school. I couldn't help but notice that Amber was laughing at me when I wrinkled my nose at the neighborhood dog that doesn't like me. I guess she thought it was cute.

I guess without her knowing it she had stopped and got lost in her thoughts.

I had asked her, "Amber, are you alright?"

When she snapped out of it, she just saw me looking confused. Then she told me, "Oh, I am sorry. What did you say?"

I looked worried at her and asked, "Why did you get lost in your thoughts like that?"

She told me, "Oh I was just thinking about what my parents told me this morning before I left."

I looked at her and asked, "Why? What did she say?"

She had stayed quiet for a moment and then told me, "Well, they told me to be careful and safe today because she and my dad heard on the news that a murder had escaped from prison yesterday."

I just looked straight ahead and said, "Oh yeah my parents told me the same thing, but," I stopped and looked at her and she looked at me and I continued to say, "They also told me that he is one state away here and what are the odds that he would ever come to our high school?"

She just chuckled and said, "Well you are right he is one state away and the odd of him coming to our high school are more than likely never."

So, we kept walking to our high school hand in hand.

Whenever we got to school, we parted ways to meet with our friends. I said, "See you during lunch ok. I Love You."

She looked at me and said, "Ok see you around and until then and I Love You too."

We kissed and went our separate ways to our friends.

I was on the other side of the school, talking and laughing with my friends. I stopped when I heard a scream. I knew exactly whose scream it was. One of Amber's friends.