Chapter 13

Y/n gasped when she woke up, sitting upright in the bed she found herself in. Looking around, she saw she was in a tavern room, a window next to her open to let the sunlight shine through and the bird's songs sing through her ears. Her arm was properly bandaged, and she was feeling immensely better than she had before. However long 'before' was, though, she didn't know. And she knew only one person would've been able to, and willing to, carry her down from the mountains to get help for her arm.

"Geralt!" she called out, memories of what happened before she passed out returning to her. Anger suddenly overcame her, and her yells turned to rageful shouts as she shouted, "Geralt, get your arse in here!!"

The door burst open, and in came the very witcher she was screaming for. "Quiet. There are others in this tavern that won't take kindly to a siren in their midst," he told her, closing the door behind him and setting his belongings down nearby it.

"Spare me," Y/n spat, her eyes full of rage as she looked into the yellow ones Geralt glared right back at her. "Just because I was too weak to kill you before doesn't mean I'm am now."

"You won't kill me. You should be thanking me."

"Thanking you?" Y/n scoffed, sitting up straighter as she leaned forward to speak to him. "Why would I be thanking you?"

"Well, for one, I got you off that fucking mountain before you died," Geralt shouted back at her, meeting her anger with his own. "How could you be so stupid not to tell me of your injury? You could've died, and you would've, had you been fully human."

"But I'm not, am I?" Y/n spoke back lowly. "No. I'm a siren. A siren who lures men to their greatest dreams only to discover it's their worst nightmares. But you don't need any help with that, do you, Geralt?"

The witcher looked down at her, shaking his head slowly as he said, "Mind your next words carefully."

"What are you going to do?" she spoke with a bitter smile. Geralt let out a huff and turned away from her as Y/n continued. "Hit me? Or yell at me and wish I were never here? Or will you curse the day you ever met me and send me off?"

"You know I'd never do that."

"Yes, because you care oh so much about anyone other than yourself or Yennefer," Y/n snapped, and she could Geralt was trying hard to retain his anger towards her. "But not Jaskier. Not the man who has stayed by your side through everything."

"Don't."

"Not the man who went through hell to help you numerous times at the risk of his own safety. No, you don't care enough, so you send him away with the words of a coward."

"He's better off without us!" Geralt shouted at her, turning around to look at her. She paused, her words catching on her throat as Geralt breathed in deeply to calm his words. "Jaskier would only get himself killed if he remained by our side. It was best he leave."

"That's not really your decision, though. Is it?" Y/n said, her voice thick with the emotions she kept back. Geralt sighed, and turned away as she said, "That choice was up to Jaskier, and you took it away before he even got the chance to decide for himself."

"He had plenty of chances. One wrong chance would've gotten him killed. Then who's fault would that be?" Geralt questioned her, pointing a gloved finger in her direction as she gaped furiously. "I did what was best for all of us."

"You might think that, but you did it in the worst way imaginable," she said, and went to stand up, only to be hit with a wave of nausea and dizziness. "Ah, fuck," she whispered, putting a hand to her head and closing her eyes as she sat back down on the bed.