Chapter 42: The day we found out (flashback)

October 15, 2022:

Crystal and Jordan had been up late last night decorating the house for the wedding today. Crystal was sad that her baby boy was getting married and he was going to be a father. It seemed like he was just born yesterday.

She lay there thinking of the day she found out she was pregnant with Eric and how she had hoped for a baby girl to complete their family. She and Jordan had been trying for only a few weeks when he had to leave on tour. 

May 24, 2003:

They had planned that when she flew out to see him in five weeks to continue trying for another baby. The week before Crystal was scheduled to meet them on tour she had been sick her mom had come over to stay with her and help her with Dante.

She had been sleeping a lot and Jordan was even concerned enough that he offered to fly home to take care of her. He had talked to the team and told them what was going on and they had told him if it was serious enough to go.

Crystal had told him to continue with the tour and if she wasn't better in three days she would go to a doctor. He reluctantly agreed and stayed on tour. Two days before she was scheduled to leave she made an appointment for the morning of her flight.

Crystal went to the doctor while her mom stayed home with Dante and he was so ready to fly out and see his dad. She told the doctor her symptoms and how long it had been going on. 

The doctor told her they would take some labs and needed her to pee in a cup. She would be back shortly when the results were in. 

Jordan had stayed on the phone with Crystal to hear what the doctor said since she refused to let him fly home to be with her. It aggravated him that she had told him not to come home but he understood that she was only trying to do what was best for him. She was his wife and he needed to be there with her.

He had even thought about finishing this tour up and not touring anymore. He would discuss that with her when or if she made it out to see him. She and Dante were his main concern. He had been touring for his solo tour for a few years now.

"You know I should be there with you, baby. I don't like this being separated, me all over the country and you at home with our son."

"I know that Jordan and neither do I but you love to sing. You are doing great on your own as an artist and I want you to reach your dreams, sweetheart. I think this is just a stomach bug or maybe the flu. I just hate being sick, I haven't been able to see Dante since I got sick and I miss him and his little hugs. Hard to believe he will be four in a few months. He is growing up way too fast for this mama. He is really excited to see you that is all he has been talking about for the past two weeks."

"I know, baby. I just miss you both so damn much. This is why I love you so much. You put me and my career first and you pushed me to reach for the stars. You are the reason I am a solo artist. Most of my songs are written with you in mind."

"I know and that is why most of your albums are on repeat on our radio. Give it to you is my absolute favorite and I still remember the first time I heard it. It was different from what the New kids sang but damn it immediately became my favorite. I love you so much Jordan and I miss you every single day you are gone but this is something I feel you need to do."

"I love you too Crystal and I miss you too from the moment the bus pulls away from our house until I am holding you in my arms kissing those sexy lips. Now, make sure to put me on speaker when your doctor returns. If it's something concerning then I will fly home immediately."

"Ok, sweetheart I promise and I can't wait to kiss those sexy lips and feel your strong arms around me holding me tight." Just then there was a knock on the door and the doctor entered.