Chapter 3

Khushi is at a club with her friends, sitting in the lounge. She wears a basic thin strap bodycon black dress. She is not in a good mood today, actually for a week now, thanks to Dr.Khadoos. That's the name the new residents have given to Rishab. She has been with him for a week and has received more scoldings than she has ever gotten in her life till now. With him, one needs to be prepared with answers, a slight delay comes with a volley of not so good words.

"Khushi, chal yaar dance karne.. stop sulking now."
A friend, a short girl with long hair in a golden coloured short dress says.
Khushi turns towards her and says, "Sulking? Am I sulking? Am I? Well I am.. tujhe kya pata kya jhel rahi hun main.. you spend an hour with that man and you will realize. No you won't. He will be super sweet with you. He is just a resident doctor's predator. He made me cry, can you believe it? I was on the verge of crying.."
"Okay, I get it.. but you aren't going to see him tomorrow. Kal toh chutti hai. Stop wasting your night. Chal na.. let's dance. See everybody on the dance floor."
"Yes, I have a day off tomorrow. Uff.. tu jaa.. I need a drink. Woh shala waiter kidhar gaya. I am going to the bar. Tu jaa, I will join you."

She gets up and goes to the bar area. She orders her drinks and thinks of the six days she spent under Dr.Rishabh. She had tried to avoid meeting his eyes after her encounter at the rooftop. She had seen him smiling in a sarcastic way at times but she acted as if she hadn't seen it. He was always in his normal mood, polite to patients, flirty with young female nurses and rude to the rest of the world, especially to interns and resident doctors. He didn't raise the topic of their previous endeavor and was professional during the time. That was a relief for her but she was still walking on the edge of the knife. Whatif he talks about the encounter again or shares it with his colleagues? She would be embarrassed, if possible get herself buried under the ground.

Her thoughts are broken with the hello. She turns to her side to find a tall and huge guy grinning at her.
"I said Hello! "
Khushi rolls her eyes and replies, "So?"
He grins again, "I am Rahul Manchandani. Naam toh suna hoga."
"Nahi. "
"Koi na, abhi sun lo. Drinks ka wait kar rahi hai. Let me order it for you. Oye khote, one Ranch Rose for the lady and a beer for me."
"Oye, tere ko maine bola mere liye order kar? Apna beer le aur fut le."

The bartender gives her a glass of whiskey.
"Ladki hoke whiskey peeti hai. Badi solid cheez hai. Listen, I like girls who consume hard drinks. And to top that up, you are s*xy as well.. I have a room booked in the hotel above. Why don't you join me? I can get the bottle there for you. We both can enjoy."
She pushes him by punching on his shoulder.
"Shale m*******, muh tod dungi tera. Itna marungi duniya ka koi doctor tujhe thik kar nahi payega. F*** off!"
Irritated, she picks up the glass and turns to go back to the lounge when Rahul grabs her wrist.
"Fine, at least have a drink with me darling. See your drink is here, the one I ordered for you."
Khushi takes a step towards him, gives him a smile. He let go of her wrist.
"You want to have a drink with me? Sure! Here it is!"
She picks up the glass and turns it over his head. She then grabs his collar and slaps him hard.
"Don't you ever dare to touch me or any girl again. Now f***off."

Khushi comes out of the washroom and turns to the corner when she hears,
"Mehkhane mein mile the ek roz
Phir mulakat wohi ho gai humari.
Pata hota hume pehle toh,
Apna ashiyana yehi bana dete."

She turns to find Rishab leaning on the wall, giving her a sarcastic smile.
"Hi!"
"You!"
"Yes.. it's me."
"What are you doing here? Are you.. no.. please no.."
"Dr. Khushi Chopra, the question sounds pretty childish. Don't you think so? I am doing everyone except you are doing here. Having some good time. And if you are asking whether I am stalking you,the answer is no. I have no interest in that. And definitely not after what I saw back there. Uff, that was something.."
Khushi rolls her eyes, "I need a drink.. "