The End

Inside a dark cell room that was drafty and cold Luke sat on the bottom bunk of his bed. He wished he could say it's just like he remembered but in truth it was so much worst. He looked up at the top bunk wishing so desperately that Michael would peak his head over. He sighed "what's your favorite song at the moment?" He asked knowing no one was going to respond "please someone hear me" he begged. He shut his eyes.

Something moved outside his cell. Luke sat up to see who was there but all he saw was a letter that had been slid under the cracks of the cell door. Finding nothing else to do he stood up and walked over to the piece of paper. He stopped.

Luke Hemmings was written on the front of the paper in Michael's chicken scratch handwriting.

"It's from Mikey" Melissa said from the hallway.

Luke looked up surprised to hear a voice "what?" He asked.

Melissa stood in front of the bars "it's from Michael, he wrote it the night he died...I wanted to make sure you got it"

"Thank you" Luke said "how are Ash and Cal?" He asked.

"Getting better...I think they're running again" Melissa told him.

"And Jack?" Luke asked.

Melissa shrugged "can't get ahold of him"

"Emma?"

"She misses you...told me to tell you she'd wait"

"Really?" Luke asked happily.

"Hey! Ma'am! You're not aloud back here!" A guard yelled from down the hall.

Melissa turned around "just a minuet" she turned back to Luke "it's" she closed her eyes "was.. It was hard for Michael to open up...but he really connected with you, I just wanted you to know he truly did think of you as his brother"

Luke looked her in the eyes for the first real time. He noticed the sparkle Michael went on about was noticeable even in this dark time "I'm sorry for your loss"

Melissa looked at the ground "thank you...I'm sorry for yours too" she replied looking up.

"Times up ma'am" the guard walked over.

Melissa reached through the bars and pulled Luke to the opening giving him a friendly kiss on the cheek "I'm a phone call away if you need to talk" she said before being taken away by the guard.

Luke watched her leave. After the metal door shut he bent down and picked the letter up. He brought the note to his face and began to read:

Luke, oh god Luke...I can't write it out....

"Michael.." Luke whispered "it's not fair"

Finally reaching the end of the letter his eyes became full of tears. He flipped the letter over looking for more words surprised when another slip of paper fell to the floor. Ignoring the formal letter he reached for the loose leaf that had fallen. He took it to his bed and laid down. He held the paper in the air and read it in Michael's voice.

"Luke, here's some advice for life" Michael would say with that stupid smile on his face "you've got to fake it to make it Hemmings, be confident in what you do and no one will think you're doing it wrong" he pictured Michael walking around the room using his hands to talk as he usually did "and when a drunkard comes up to you and asks if you want to make a deal you better say no" Luke laughed to himself at Michael's comment "but when a friend comes up to you as asks if you need help" he imagined Michael leaning down to him and resting his hand on his shoulder "you better say hell yeah...because that's what friends are for Luke" he would say with his sympathetic tone only a few people knew he had "I'm sorry I didn't realize that sooner mate..." Michael would wrap his arms around Luke and hug him "see you around Hemmings" Michael would walk away out the door with his hands in his pockets.

"See you around, Michael" Luke said out loud smiling at the little piece of paper he would keep forever.