Leah Williamson

Coming into an already set team as a youngster is never easy, but especially I have been overthinking this day for what feels like months now. Why did I do this to myself?
"What planet are you on right now?" my sister rips me out of my thoughts as we were driving towards the Arsenal training grounds. " I don't know, I guess I'm kinda nervous right now..." I mumble, looking down at my hands. I couldn't stop picking at my nails, which was becoming more and more visible, so I pull my sleeves down holding onto the fabric. "Don't worry y/n, I promise you, you'll do great, I mean what could go wrong? You're only training with like half the squad of the lionesses, plus other international legends!" she adds with a smirk. " Oh and of course THE Leah Williamson, I know how much you like her, literally your biggest celebrity crush!".
As she keeps on teasing I just slump more and more down into my seat, if I wasn't nervous before, I'm definitely almost shitting myself now. "Thanks a lot! You always know how to built me up!" I push out and for the rest of the drive I just stare out the window and ignore my sister till we arrive at a halt.
"Well we're here, good luck y/n. I know you'll do great!" my sister almost shouts at me, as I'm quickly stumbling out of her car to save myself from any further embarrassment from her.
"Hey! You okay over there?" I hear a voice saying from the other side of the car park. "Yeah, yeah...I'm f-fin..." I begin, until I turn around and lock eyes with the curious and slightly amused look of... Leah. How do I always get myself in these kinds of situations? As if almost falling out of the car wasn't enough I can immediately feel heat rushing to my head, Leah must have realized too as she just starts cracking up, walking over to me and wrapping an arm around my shoulders. The smell of her perfume draws me in, and I immediately relax a bit, as she starts leading me to the entrance and into the changing rooms. "You're y/n right? Jonas told me about you last week, he said you were like a superstar in your age group!" . Leah looks down at me with a wink and I just smile back not being able to bring out any words. She squeezes my shoulder to reassure me a bit, as we just walk in to the rest of the team. "Hey Leah, who are you bringing in? A new signing?" Katie asks loud enough to make all eyes turn towards us both. This time I quickly answer myself, not wanting to make the wrong impression on everyone. I might be shy and new, but I can very well speak for myself, without embarrassment. "Hi guys! I'm y/n y/ln, I just signed for Arsenal last week and I'm really exited to get to play with and know you all...", as I was finishing my sentence I saw Jonas in the corner of my eyes. He must have come in just as I was introducing myself, "I see you already met the team y/n, I welcome you here with the gunners  and hope we can work well together for this upcoming season. Maybe we can talk some more later, let's hit the pitch now ladies, we'll start training in 5!

My first training session was getting well underway, it of course wasn't my best performance, but it was good enough for a start with all the adrenaline rushing through me. Throughout I could feel a pair of eyes on me, at first I thought it was Jonas or the other staff, but a couple of times I caught Leah staring right at me. Each time she realized she smiled, looking down, I could have sworn she was blushing, but why would someone like Leah Williamson get flustered because of me? Never in a million years...
Training just finished and after a short check in with Jonas I was about to enter the changing room, when I suddenly hear Beth shout "You have a crush on her, I literally saw you melting, while looking at ...", as I open the door all eyes are on me and Beth starts cracking up, as the others join in. I can't help but smile looking at the floor, while making my way to my locker, just before I catch a glimpse of Leah who seems to have turned almost as red as the home kit of our team.

After packing up all of my stuff I look at my phone, where a message of my sisters pops up saying that she won't be able to pick me up and that I should try and ask one of my new team mates. My stomach drops and I start to panic a bit, I hate my sister for putting me in this kind of situation. I quickly look up and Lia seems to notice something is off, as she asks: "hey, you okay?". "Ehm...yeah, no, my ride home just cancelled and I don't really know how to get back.", Lia smiles at me, touching my arm before asking the group left: "can anyone give y/n a ride home? I was gonna take her, but I had a change of plans."
Beth is the quickest to respond and says: " Leah can take you! Us others don't have time, sorry.." while winking awfully obvious to the rest of the girls. Nobody interferes and Leah shyly looks at me and signs for me to come with her through the exit.
After a couple of seconds I hastily get up and run after her, once I reach her I mumble: "sorry you're stuck with me... thank you anyway for taking me...". Leah suddenly comes closer and reaches her arm around me: " no problem! I'm very happy to take you!"
************