Tag, You're It.

Sano Manjiro didn’t know how long he fell asleep, but the silence was too loud and woke him up. This… is weird. He thought, frowning at the empty street of Shibuya, which is impossible because the last time he checked, it was supposed to be busy and crowded with nameless chickens. But what unnerved him the most is that the lights are turned off (except for one building near him), and his phone is dead. People are missing. 

Suddenly, the building in front of him turned on its light. The light should’ve blinded him, but he was unflinching. “ Game will now commence. This way. ” The text said, pointing at the building near him. Manjiro frowned and grew deeper before wordlessly standing up and going straight to the building. 

The building was an apartment with seven floors, he noted to himself. He entered the building and saw 10 people inside, holding working phones. Only three people interested him. He saw a bald headed person, who tensed when he saw Manjiro. He knows who I am . Manjiro thought, although he doesn’t really care. He also saw a girl, probably a climber, with such determination in her eyes that resembles that of a cat desperate for survival. 

And finally, that hooded guy. He has a pair of working earbuds, and he was charging a taser. Smart move. He thought before walking past a guy questioning what’s happening to everyone and wordlessly grabbing a black phone before sitting down beside the hooded guy, who was staring at him the entire time. 

[ FACIAL RECOGNITION IN PROGRESS ]

[ PLEASE WAIT A MOMENT ]

The phone said, loading. His UID is 1078569. 

There’s no signal. That’s what he noticed before seeing VISA and GAME. So it’s basically useless to phone anyone.  

[ THERE ARE CURRENTLY 11 PARTICIPANTS ]

[ PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE GAME COMMENCES ONE MINUTE UNTIL REGISTRATION CLOSES]

[ 00: 01 : 07 ]

“Excuse me, where did all the people in Tokyo go? This thing-” The guy with a hat keeps questioning the climber girl, but was interrupted when a ragged guy with a blonde haired guy (Kenchin- no, this guy isn’t Kenchin). The ragged guy also caught Manjiro’s attention, his eyes… they're like a certain crybaby hero. 

“There are so many people.” The ragged guy said.

“I wonder if there’s a doctor here.” Not-Kenchin said, looking at the ragged guy. 

Manjiro laid his head back. He doesn’t really care what’s going to happen. So long as no one bothers him. Besides, the game must be interesting to be able to pull off everyone's disappearance, including his subordinates. 

The hooded guy raised an eyebrow when he saw how deep of an eye bag this white-haired guy has, wondering if he knows how to take care of himself.