•chapter 1•

QUICK A/N
WHEN A TEXT IS IN BOLD IT MEANS ITS IN ENGLISH  !! (You can understand most things but you don't sound fluent  , by the end of s1 you'll be fluent )

I wake up with my head still laying on my school desk, in the darkness. "Huh where is everyone" I say sitting up and wiping my eyes.

I look around the classroom seeing everything completely untouched , like their wasn't a class in here earlier. I quickly reach into my bag and pull out my phone, 'of course it's not working' I sigh . I get up out of my seat grabbing my bag and walking over to the teachers desk , touching a few random keys on the keyboard to see if they will turn on. It didn't "of course" .

I roll my eyes walking away from the desk and exiting the classroom. I had only been here for a few days since moving so I didn't know my ins and outs around the place , or the language .

After walking down a few flights of stairs I finally made it out . outside the school it was dark , I could see a light billboard in the distance with 'game arena' written on it .

I speed walk to the schools gates , they were heavy. I tried to close the gates quietly but they still managed to let out a deep squeak. Not knowing what was lurking in the darkness ahead I cautiously observed my surroundings that weren't emerged into the darkness.

It was getting really chilly outside , I was in my school uniform which consisted of a skirt , shirt , jumper and thigh high socks. I had an extra jacket on top of it all which was making me feel a bit warmer.

I started to walk aimlessly into the dark abyss not knowing where to go or what to do. I nearly tripped a few times but stopped myself. I saw a glowing billboard in the distance that had an arrow pointing in the direction of the next street I walked towards the arrow which was ontop of what used to be a Starbucks bustling with people .

I looked in the direction of where the arrow was pointing and saw another billboard . It said game arena on it , it was in front of a hotel. I saw a few people walking up the stairs and going to the desk , so I followed. I walked up the stairs and when I was near the top I went through a faded red beam , a noise went off and a few looked at me and began whispering. I was extremely confused.

I walked up to what I presumed to be the lobby,I saw some people waiting with phones in their hand standing in awkward silence. There was a man with a hat , it looked like something a magician would wear , an old lady , a old man , a few middle aged lady's , middle aged men and 2 other men one was quite muscular and the other was slim and lanky . All of them had phones. I noticed something , a few of them had blue wristbands they had numbers on them, but some others didn't. 'Weird' . I focused my attention back to the table which had 3 more phones placed. I grabbed one and stood next to one of the other participants.

He had dark brown-ish roots fading in to a blonde colour. He was wearing a black tee with some faded grey patches , with a white hoodie and shorts. I quickly glanced at him and noticed he also had one of them wristbands and was also wearing headphones. 'How is he listening to music I thought nothing was working ' I thought , I just shrug it off. (Not literately😭)

2 boys walk in , one was slim with a grown out buzz-cut , dyed a blond-ish yellow. The other-one was slim with black hair , a bit messy . They were both wearing casual attire.

Both of the boys look at each other and then each grab a phone. I side glance that blonde boy again and he's still listening to music , un-fazed by everyone and everything around him. 'Oh to be like that'  I thought.

One of the boys come up to me , the scruffy haired one. "Hey excuse me , do you know what this game is about" I shake my head " no sorry" I say . " oh your English?" He says . tilting his head to the side a bit. "Uhm yea, I moved here a week ago" I say scratching the nape of my neck 'omg this is so awkward'  I yell internally.