before you read

↳ STORY DESCRIPTION

the revolution was bound to come. there had always been whispers about such things, though very few people ever took charge. when a war broke out and soldier after soldier was sent overseas to be brutally murdered people finally came forward to take a stand, though it wasn't as easy as some thought. it was a constant uphill battle but one that many deemed necessary. declan pattersin was one of those people, and when he was assaulted for believing in such things he went to others who shared the same mindset. this is their story, what they faced, and what they accomplished.

↳ IMPORTANT INFORMATION

this story is mildly based off of the movie "the trial of the chigaco seven". since that movie is based off of real events I have decided that using the actual people and events would be extremely disrespectful, therefore I have come to the decision to make a similar story instead. aside from my own characters I will be mildly basing the other characters personalities off of the original, however they'll be otherwise different. this story is something that I want to be impactful. I'm not doing this just because, I'm doing it because I have found inspiration from the movie and felt the strong need to make something that pulls from said inspiration. but this is also a gay romance so 👀 we gonna vibe because LGBTQ+ > amiright?

↳ TRIGGER WARNINGS

potential trigger warnings for the following chapters include s/a, mentions of s/a, brief descriptions of s/a, ab.se (u), se.ual (x) ab.se (u), physical ab.se (u), emotional ab.se (u), mental ab.se (u), swearing, throw.ng (i) up, major vio.ence (l), descriptions of vio.ence (l), homophobia, sexism, racism, smoking, smoking p.t (o), drugs, al.ohol (c), consumption of al.ohol (c), mentions of s.x (e), brief descriptions of s.x (e) or implied s.x (e), the f slur (I can claim it), d.ath (e), disrespectful towards authority, extreme disrespectful towards the police, extreme mentions of de.th (a), and most likely other things. this is not a lighthearted story. it's rather serious, and these are things that might happen throughout.

↳ THE CAST

❛❛  DECLAN PATTERSIN  ❞

a member of the "MFFF". the main character in this story

❛❛ RIAN PATTERSIN  ❞

the older brother of declan. doesn't stand to either side of what's happening with the war and revolution

❛❛ SARAH 'CECE' SMITH ❞

leader of the "MFFF" - movement fighting for freedom. the closet of friend to declan

❛❛ ANTONIO 'TONI' RAINERI ❞

co leader of the "UPOA" - the underground plan of action

❛❛ MARCUS 'MARC' CUTHBERT ❞

co leader of the "UPOA" - the underground plan of action

❛❛ RICHARD 'SONNY' SCOTTSON ❞

co leader of the "SFAI" - students fighting against inhumanity

❛❛ THOMAS 'TOMMY' BETH ❞

co leader of the "SFAI" - students fighting against inhumanity

❛❛ KEITH 'JENSEN' JENNINGS  ❞

leader of the "SATW" - stand against the war. the father figure of the group.

❛❛ DOUGLAS 'DECKS' MCKINNON ❞

a young lawyer who's political views are opposite of literally everyone we care about in this story (or so we think)

❛❛ MICHAEL 'LENNY' ROGERS ❞

a lawyer who tries to keep things from going bad with the group

❛❛ RANDY 'DY' McCLAIN  ❞

leader of "BAG" - black activist group