³ ǫᴜɪʀᴋ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇʜᴇɴsɪᴏɴ

CHAPTER THREE
Quirk Apprehension

ᴀʀʀɪᴇᴛᴛʏ ɴᴀᴏᴋɪ

═ ═ ═ ╰☆╮ ═ ═ ═

"Today you will be taking a quirk apprehension test. It's the same as the one you took in grade school, except you'll be allowed to use your quirks this time," Aizawa croaks.

A few quiet cheers and awes flew about the group of students, but the joy was short-lived.

"However," he adds. "Whoever has the lowest score by the end of this training session is expelled."

Pure shock and fear wash over the group of children.

Now this sounds more like the academy.

"Bakugo, why don't you come and give the first example," Aizawa presents a baseball to the boy.

Katsuki smirks, "I'm gonna blow all of you out of the water!"

He steps up to the plate and stretches his arms out before getting in a stance to throw. Quickly he launches the ball forward, using his blasts to propel it faster, "DIE!"

The ball flies farther and farther until the naked eye can no longer see it. Aizawa reveals the distance and the number is 705.2m.

This will be good.

"Are your instructions clear?" Aizawa asks.

"Yes Mister Aizawa," the group speaks in unison.

He shifts on his knees impatiently, "Any volunteers?"

I step forward taking the ball from his hand. This will be easily done with my strength ability. I step in the circle and take a deep breath, focusing on my heartbeat. After a few seconds, I feel the energy course throughout my upper half, and I open my eyes to see red shock waves pulsating off my body. I concentrate the power in my arm and prepare to throw. As I launch the ball forward I feel the energy burst through my arm, and finally release. The ball goes farther and farther until it, just like the last, is too far to be seen by the naked eye.

I turn to Aizawa and he shows me my distance.

"Huh, 712.5," I announce. "Guess you were the one that got blown out of the water, Katsuki."

I internally cringe at the accidental use of his first name.

Turning to face him, I am aware quickly of the steam blowing out of his ears and the red hot glare in receiving.

"IT WAS ONLY BY 7 POINTS YOU IDIOT! I JUST WENT EASY SO I DIDN'T DESTROY THE BALL! ILL SHOW YO-" Bakugo was interrupted by Aizawa.

"Enough, or I'll expel the both of you and we void this training exercise," he deadpanned.

I went back to my spot in awkward silence.

═ ═ ═ ╰☆╮ ═ ═ ═

By the end of the test, I placed 2nd. Right below the name I dread the most.

A low growl emerged behind me, "Still placing second to me, huh? Sounds like nothing has changed."

I turned to face Katsuki. He stood tall with his arms crossed, his face twisted into his signature scowl.