chapter 4

Once the girls settled into the Black Manor, they met each other in the hallway of the first floor, walking together to the backyard.

'Can you believe that the boys are now friends?' asked Hermione.

'It's hard to believe but yes. I mean, you've seen the state Draco was in after Sirius' death. Harry's also been through the same thing. I think they helped each other,' Ginny answered.

Draco and Harry were sitting at the table in the backyard, talking while waiting for the girls to make their appearance.

'You're head over heels for her,' Draco said.

'Who?' Harry asked, not knowing what Draco was talking about.

'Ginny, you idiot,' Draco laughed. 'You totally like her.'

Harry scoffed at Draco's statement. He didn't see the youngest Weasley as anything more than a friend. 'Yeah right...' he laughed. 'Well, in that case, you've got to admit that there's something between you and Mione,' Harry said.

Draco's eyes widened as he heard what Harry said. He couldn't lie, he found Hermione to be so much different than he thought her in the beginning. She was smart and funny, someone he could rely on, she challenged him when it came to school, and she was someone he very much liked being around.

'Hermione likes Ron, that's a known fact,' Draco sighed.

'So, you like her...' Harry smiled. 'What about you and Parkinson?' he asked.

'Whatever it was that Pansy and I had has been over for a long time now,' Draco said. 'And Hermione is way out of my league.'

'Oh, for real? Is the Draco Black insecure?!' Harry asked, laughing. 'Mate, you've truly changed,' he kept on laughing. 'You've gotten soft.'

'Do you prefer Draco Malfoy over Draco Black? Because I can turn back to Draco Malfoy in a second,' Draco stated.

'I didn't say that wanting to be mean or anything. Change is good, Draco, and you have changed a lot. It's something to be proud of,' Harry said. 'And, if you like Hermione, shoot your shot. Life can often offer us surprises.'

When the two girls got to the backyard, the boys suddenly stopped their previous conversation.

'Did you just stop talking because we came?' Ginny asked.

'What were the two of you discussing about that it's meant to be kept secret?' Hermione asked.

Draco and Harry looked at each other, trying to find an answer.

'Mum and dad want to have another child,' Draco bluntly answered, not knowing what he said was true.

'Yes, and they asked us to keep that a secret because Eva doesn't know if it will happen,' Harry added.

The girls just looked at one another, not sure if they should believe them. They sat down at the table and a house-elf appeared.

'Hello! My name is Binny. What can Binny serve you two girls with?' the house-elf asked.

'Don't worry, Mione. Binny is well taken care of and paid for her work. She's not a slave to us, she's a friend,' Draco assured Hermione, the girl nodding in response.

'Hi, Binny. I'm Hermione, and this is Ginny. Can you get us some lemonade?' Hermione politely asked.

'And tea for me and coffee for Draco, please,' Harry said.

'Of course, Mr Harry. Binny will come back with everything soon.'

'How do you like it here so far?' Harry asked the two girls.