chapter 7

It was September 1st, the day that the boys were to leave for Hogwarts for their sixth year.

Evangeline was trying her best to keep her calm while also trying to help her two teenage boys. She didn't want them to go, especially with the threat of Lord Voldemort right around the corner, but she could do nothing to stop them from going.

'Do you need anything, dear?' Eva asked her son.

'No, mum. I'm quite fine, thanks for asking,' the 16-year-old boy told his mother.

Eva left Draco's room and went to Harry's to check if her other son needed anything.

'Harry, dear, do you need anything?' she asked in the same motherly tone she used when she asked Draco the same question.

'No, Eva. I'm fine, but thanks,' the boy answered.

Eva sighed and left the room, walking to the staircase but stopping. 'Alright, then I'll be in the kitchen, preparing food for my two boys who are too old to ask their mom for help,' she yelled, making sure the two boys heard her. She walked down the stairs and entered the kitchen where Regulus was enjoying a cup of coffee along with a newspaper. 'Those two boys are too grown up,' Eva sighed.

Regulus looked away from the newspaper and at his wife, with a smile painting his lips. 'They're grown independent men,' Regulus told Eva.

'They're just boys,' Eva argued. 'And you know that,' she added, taking things out of the cupboard to prepare breakfast. 'Reg, I fear that something is going on that we know nothing about,' Eva told her husband.

'Ev, darling, there's nothing for you to fear,' Regulus tried to assure his wife. He set the newspaper on the table and walked towards his wife, pulling her into his arms. 'They will be safe, my love.'

The two boys were outside the kitchen, listening to the two adults' conversation.

'Reg, he's at large, and as long as he's alive, we will never be truly safe,' Eva cried. 'I've lived in fear for sixteen years, Reg. I lived under the constant impression that I was being followed, that somebody was trying to capture me and torture me.'

'In no time, Eva, my love, you will not have to fear for our family's safety, I promise,' Regulus assured his wife. 'Now, let's dry out your tears before the boys walk in, alright? We don't want them to worry.'

Draco and Harry walked in after a while, not wanting to give the impression that they had eavesdropped on the conversation.

'What are you making, ma?' Draco asked Eva.

'I was thinking about omelettes,' Eva tells the blonde-haired boy.

'That sounds perfect, Eva,' said Harry.

Silence filled the room as Eva cooked breakfast and the family of four ate in silence before it was time for Evangeline to take the boys to the train station. Regulus was sad that he could not see the boys off, but he knew it was for all of their safety.

'Well, I've always dreamt of the day when I would see my children off to Hogwarts, but in those dreams, we were actually on the platform and I was giving you a pep talk about the dos and don'ts for your time at school,' Regulus laughed. 'I want you two boys to enjoy this year. Don't let anything come between you two and take care of one another, alright?' Regulus instructed his two boys.

'We'll be alright, dad,' Draco assured his father.

'Don't get yourself in too much trouble, Harry,' Regulus addressed the second boy.

'I will try, but I don't promise anything,' he laughed.

'And when you want to write, address the letters to Eva. The ministry is keeping an eye over every one of us,' Regulus added.