Chapter Eight - Fear That Connects

Muichiro's pov - two days later

"Muichiro eat, you barely ate anything," Mitsuri said, pushing the plate back to me. I only looked down on my lap, not wanting to eat anything more.

"Come on Muichiro, she's right,'' Tanjiro said. He grabbed the fork and picked up some food with it before putting it close to my lips.

I sighed and ate it. I've been feeling weird for the past 2 days, the bite mark was getting worse and more painful although I still didn't tell anyone.

After I was forced to finish my food I went back into my room to get some rest. There was nothing to do and I wasn't feeling well anyway so all I could do at this point was sleep.

I sat down on Tanjiro's bed where I've been sleeping for the past days because I can't even look at Genya. I rolled my pants up and looked at the bite mark.

It was much worse, it was spreading a lot. It was really painful and was stinging a lot every time I touched it but it wasn't enough for me to tell anyone.

I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep.

I woke up a while later, feeling hot and sweating. I groaned and turned to the other side. "You okay?" I suddenly heard, making me jump.

It was Tanjiro "god, you scared me" I placed my hand on my chest and sighed. "Sorry, I didn't mean to" he laughed awkwardly.

"You've been sleeping for a while, it's almost 9pm"

"Huh? Really?! ... I guess I was just really tired, I'll go take a shower now"

"Are you feeling okay? You've been sleeping a lot and you are sweating"

"I am fine, but thanks.." I said quietly and grabbed my pajamas before rushing into the bathroom. I shut the door behind me and placed my pajamas on a sink.

I took off my clothes and got into the shower. I grabbed the shower head and turned on the water. Everything was going great until the water touched my wound.

I just dropped on my knees, grabbing my leg in pain. I tried not to scream so I bit my lip so hard it started bleeding. I leaned against the wall, still grabbing my leg in pain.

Tears were streaming down my face at this point. I let go of my leg and looked at the wound. It was looking even worse, the black pimples around the wound spread, they weren't big but there was a lot of them and there were really red spots covering my leg from toe to knee.

"I need to tell someone.. b-but what if they really k-kick me out of the shelter? Wh-what if t-they'll kill me?!" I thought and placed my hand over my mouth.

I pulled my knees to my chest and pulled the shower head on my chest, sobbing. I was so scared that they would do something like that but I knew there was one person who for sure wouldn't do that.

Tanjiro's pov

After a while Muichiro came into the room, he seemed like something was bothering him and his eyes were all red. He placed his clothes back in a closet and sat down on my bed.