CHAPTER 21

I was just quietly looking at the pool. What happened again earlier? My brain hasn't processed yet.

I bit my lip when I remembered what Nikki said to Kiel. I immediately looked up when I felt my eyes get hot. Hinawakan ni Maeve ang kabilang balikat ko kaya parang naka-akbay siya sa akin, she stroked it and tapped it.

"Anong laban ko ro'n? Ralpkiel liked her tapos Nikki likes him now. They have been best friends for several years, Maeve. Habang ako, girlfriend niya pa lang ako nang isang buwan,"

"Iyak ka lang,"

"And who made you cry?" Maeve and I both looked at Kuya Ashton, a strap of his bag was hanging over his shoulder and he was still carrying a book. Mukhang kakauwi niya lang.

"Misunderstanding," Maeve is the one who answered. "Hindi pala misunderstanding, hindi pa sila nag-uusap," she cleared.

"You're here," Kuya Ashton looked at Maeve.

"Oo, ba't? Angal ka?" Maeve asked Kuya. Tinaasan niya pa ng kilay ito. Kuya Ashton just shook his head before looking at me again. Knowing them, they were the first to be best friends than Maeve and I. I know they are very close to each other and then when I was growing up, Maeve and I became closer to each other. Si Kuya Ashton, mayroon naman siyang new friends.

I wiped my tears and drank the rest of the beer. I will never cry again. Bahala sila! Bahala si Kiel kung papatulan niya si Nikki, magmo-move on na lang ako.. tangina, palagi na lang nagmo-move on. I also want forever. Does that still exist? Just now I took a risk for love again, and then this is what will happen? I didn't expect that naman, eh. 'Yung masaktan ako, oo, pero 'yung sa ganitong way? No.

Nagpaalam na si Kuya Ashton at sinabing magpapahinga na siya. "Ganitong oras lagi umuuwi 'yon?" Maeve asked, she looks worried.

I nodded. "Yup, he prints a lot of papers and then he always stays in the court to watch the hearing or trial, Kuya Ashton only slept for two hours, he read too," tumango-tango lang si Maeve sa sinabi ko. "Do you want to sleep in my room?"

"May pasok bukas, Nads,"

"So? This is the last time we will enter the Ateneo together. Gosh, you're graduating na next week!"

"No, sa Monday pa announcement ng mga ga-graduate. Kuhanan ng toga sa Wednesday, I hope I can graduate."

"Of course, you will. You're good at managing time, Maeve. The scores you get will still increase even if you are busy vlogging, editing your videos, and the offers to you na maging model ng brand nila. You will graduate, Maeve, I always believe in you,"

Maeve was playing with her hand so I knew she was thinking something. "Sino kaya unang magkakaroon ng anak sa 'tin, 'no?" She changed the topic and laughed when she asked that. I really know that she will change it because she doesn't want us to talk like that, I'm the one who raised her hopes in her and then that's how she'll pay me back? So rude but I still love her, she's my best friend. I know my duty. Tinuro ko siya. "Ayaw ni Euan mag-anak kaya 'wag mo 'kong tinuturo," hinawakan niya 'yung kamay ko at binaba 'yon.

"Bata pa 'ko, Maeve,"

"Tangina, senior na ba ako?" Binuhusan niya ako ng tingin na parang pinagdududahan niya 'ko. Nginitian ko lang siya bago magbukas ng panibagong soju. "'Di mo ba sasagutin 'yan?"

I smoothed my hair back and smirked when I saw my phone with the screen open, I don't know how many calls Kiel has made. I'm not answering that, ayoko siyang tiisin pero gusto ko muna ng oras para pag-isipan 'yung nangyari kanina. Umiling ako bago inumin 'yung soju na parang tubig, beer lang 'yung iniinom ko kanina pero mas gusto ko ng soju ngayon. My facial expression changed when I let go of the soju, it was so bitter!