Another One?

Tsukauchi POV:

We finally got Giran behind bars. Turns out the broker accidentally left a witness to one of his deals, not realizing she was even there. That woman only survived because of his quirk- camo- When she was scared, she turns invisible, she doesn't have control over it, she doesn't even think she can control it.

She even asked that she wore quirk cancelling cuffs for her witness testimony to prove she wasn't illegally using her quirk. Tsukauchi hated that law, people not allowed to use their quirks, even in self defense.

Anyway, Giran was behind bars, which meant they did a huge blow to the villain and criminal underworld. But something felt... off... to me.

'Why was Giran so easy to catch? It's not like him, to make such an easy mistake?' It was probably nothing. But I couldn't shake the feeling that I was missing something.

2 Months Later...

THIS WAS RIDICULOUS!? I thought with Giran gone crime would decrease, at least at the success rate! But NO! Criminals and Villains alike were gaining more and more success with each crime. Crimes rates haven't been this bad since before Toshinori's reign as All Might!

With only 3 months until the sports festival, this is bad.

I was startled by movement out of the corner of my eye. I dropped the files I was holding and reached for my gun-

"Woah, I didn't think I was being THAT quiet...?" I calmed down long enough to see the tangled black hair, yellow goggles, and grey scarf-

"Aizawa!?" I muttered. "Sorry, I just... got lost in thought..."

"It's fine," The teacher muttered. "I have something to tell you, I don't think you're gonna like it."

"If it's at least an explanation of why criminals are suddenly really smart and powerful, I don't care if I like it or not, at least it's something."

"There's a new broker in the underground," Aizawa sighed. I took a moment, silent as my mind processed what the raven haired man said. When I finally did-

"Oh no..." I muttered. I sighed, before continuing- "Another one?" Aizawa nodded, tiredly.

"Apparently, he specializes in quirk analysis," Aizawa continued. "My contacts say his biggest hurdle to spreading information was Giran. The eye witness... while unaware- this new broker actually force activated her quirk to get rid of Giran."

"So we played into the hands of a worse criminal in a desperate attempt to stop an older one?"

Aizawa nodded again- "That's what my underground connections told me. Also they told me an alias."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Deku..."