| chapter two |

Rose had just finished telling Elena, Stefan, Damon, and Adeline about how Klaus is the "real deal" and that someone named Elijah is the Easter bunny compared to him.

"Wait... who are these guys, exactly?" Adeline said.

"Did you not listen? Klaus is a hyrbid. The original hyrbid! Elijah is his foot soldier! They are after your sister." Rose said. Rose hated how "stubborn" and "insubordinate" Adeline was being.

"Oh."

Later Damon, Elena, and Rose were talking about Klaus and Elijah, whoever the fuck they are, in the living room. Stefan and Adeline are in the library.

"So... where is your little companion?" Stefan questioned her as he looked around the library.

"She's... with a friend." Adeline hesitated.

"Don't be coy, Ads." Stefan downed his drink, still looking around.

"I don't have to tell you anything, Stefan." Adeline tensed. Her eyes shone fear in the back of them.

"Yeah, well, you dont have to tell me anything." He tilted his head a little bit. "Sounds like Elena's coming. Better be quiet."

The two hushed and not a minute later, Elena came strutting into the library. "Adeline, let's go home. Jer is waiting for us, so is Jenna."

"Yay..." Adeline trailed off as she walked to Elena.

The sisters walked out of the mansion and got into Elenas car and drove home.

Stefan's phone rang as he watched the car pull out from the window. He looked at all the entryways, making sure Rose and Damon weren't close enough to hear him.  "Yeah?"

"Is she there?" A voice rang out of the phone.

"Yeah, she's here. Well, granted she just left but here nonetheless. Why do you care, anyway?"

"I care because she is important to the plan, Stefan. Unless you want me to—" The voice was cut off by Stefan speaking.

"No. No." Stefan heard Damon approaching. "Got to go. TTYL and all that."

Stefan hung up the phone.