Chapter Six

"Babe!" Anastasia yelled as she poked Christian in the left side of his ribcage with her manicured red nails. "Baby! Wake up!" She continued to yell. "You were supposed to take me to eat this morning, it's f-cking noon!"

"Stop." Christian said softly. "Stop poking me, please."

"I'm so tired of this, Harold! You never pay any attention to me. I'm your fiancee, I'm supposed to be your main priority. But no, I'm at the bottom of your list of importance." She whined. "I don't even think that you love me."

"Then go." Christian finally snapped and looked at Anastasia. "Go! Get! Go f-ck Xander again."

"Pardon?" Anastasia asked with risen eyebrows.

"Do you take me for an idiot? I saw it, I know that you're having sex with him. Hell, he even told me."

"And you believe him over me?"

"Normally, I wouldn't but since I saw it with my own eyes, I do." Christian replied. "So do me a favor."

"It's not true babe, you just saw it because you wanted to."

"Do me a favor." Christian repeated. "And get out of my flat, yeah?"

"Whatever!" Anastasia spat. "You know that youll be back at my door, begging for me."

"Surly." Christian said sarcatically as he rolled his eyes. Anastasia huffed multiple times before sitting up in the bed, grabbing her clothes from the floor and walking out of Christian's bedroom.

Christian had known that Anastasia was cheating on him for weeks. He was no idiot. He saw the hickeys on her neck, the bruises on her hips that were shaped in the shape of fingerprints. Christian had never told her that he had known, he thought that he would keep it to himself until he needed it to come out. But Christian couldnt stop himself that morning, he was so angry at Anastasia.

Three hours later, Christian sat in Asani's kitchen. Asani was standing at her stove, cooking an egg within a small cast iron skillet. Christian couldnt keep his eyes off of her arse, he loved the way that it would jiggle with every small movement that Asani made. "What?" Asani asked as she flipped her egg. "Now, what happened with your girlfriend?"

"Fiancee." Christian corrected her. "She has been fu-cking one of my best mates, and I known for a while but I never wanted to tell her until I really needed to."

"Really needed to?"

"Okay, look, my parents want me to marry Anastasia, I don't love her a single bit. I detest the girl with a passion, but her family has money and if I married her, my family and hers would get more money."

"That's insane." Asani laughed. "So basically the lot of you, are using one another for money?"

"Yeah." Christian replied as Asani turned off the light to the stove and with her spatula she placed her egg upon her small blue plate.

"Then I think you have a problem, yeah?" Asani said sarcastically. "What do you need me to do about it?"

"Nothing, I just need to vent."

"Tell me everything." Asani said as she sat her plate on her small kitchen table.

Christian sat for the following hour explaining of why his parents wanted him to be with Anasatsia. He told Asani of how money hungry his family truly was and how he always felt low whenever he was around them. Asani couldnt compare her life to his, in any way, because she had never had the money that Christian's family had, so Asani just nodded her head to every word that Christian spoke.

"So." Christian finally finished. "Do you think you could help me get all of this off of my mind?"

"All you had to do was ask." Asani laughed.