Uncomfortable

"Be quiet and go... Get in bed." He whispered to me.

I tiptoed up the stairs and sat on the edge of his bed. As I was untying my shoes he came in and gently closed the door behind him. He immediately pulled out his phone and began dialing.

After a moment he spoke into the receiver. "She's here... Yeah she's fine, I'll bring her home first thing in the morning... Yeah no problem. Bye."

He glanced over at me as I was taking off my pants. He shook his head and threw me a big tshirt. Then he crawled into bed. I changed and laid next to him, my arm instinctively wrapping around him. He shrugged it away. "Go to sleep. We'll talk in the morning. Im too tired for this right now." Then he rolled over and closed his eyes.

I laid there for a while, feeling more alone than ever. Before eventually falling asleep.

At some point in the night, Ross' arm ended up around me. I woke up before him. Most likely because Id spent most of the previous day and night passed out in a strange bed. I was almost afraid to move, thinking that if I did, he'd wake up and move his arm. I just laid there for a while, soaking up his warmth. Eventually he stirred.

Shockingly he didn't move his arm. He rolled toward me and pulled me closer.

"Now we can talk." He put his head in the crook of my neck and started the conversation with this question.

"Have you slept with him since we've been together? Truth."

"No. I told you Ross, everything he said to you was a lie. The last time I saw him was the right before you picked me up to go to your house. That was when I told him to get out. I think he got my dad back in his corner or something. I love you Ross, just you."

"I thought he really liked me though. Why would he?"

"Cuz he likes me better. Im his baby."

He didn't talk again for a little while. He looked hurt.

"I'll go home later, you'll come in with me and we'll work it out ok? Please. I mean, Im probably grounded again. Like grounded big time. But at least it will be worked out."