Leave unsaid unspoken

-8-

At lunch I hid in the bathroom to see if I'd gotten any texts. Which I hadn't. Then I checked to see if Ross had posted on twitter. Nothing. But someone had been posting like crazy from the bands main page. I figured it was Ratliff though, because it was mainly jokes, and he tended to post lots of those. I logged out and found Jamie at our table.

"So far I barely have any homework. Hopefully that doesn't change haha." I said as I sat beside her at the table. "Sure." I just noticed that she looked angry. "What now?" I asked. "Trent. Michelle said she saw you and Trent hanging out." "Michelle also said she saw me cheating on Trent with Ryan. Look I talked to him for a minute in the hallway. That was it. She was pissed cuz I interrupted their conversation." "Why WERE you interrupting their conversation? What did you need to talk to him about? The fact that you guys made out last night?" "WHAT?!?" I said loudly. "Yeah. That's what Michelle and the douche were talking about when you interrupted them. She overheard him telling Jordan that you guys made out last night when he drove you home. So, what lie are you gonna tell to explain THAT one?" she stood up and walked away. "Jamie. JAMIE!!! Hey!" I ran behind her but she continued ignoring me. I went around to the stoner area at the side of the gym hoping to find Trent but found Jordan instead. "Where's Trent?" I asked him angrily. He shrugged his shoulders. "dunno." "Well look. I don't know what he's going around telling people but nothing happened last night. If you see him tell him to come find me." The bell rang just as I made my way back into the building. Lit class seemed linger than usual. I was so pissed I couldn't see straight. When the bell rang I ran out of class and straight to his locker. He had his back turned to me talking to a couple of his friends from shop class.

"What the hell Trent?" "What?" He spun around and looked at me. A huge smile spreading across his face. "Telling everybody we made out last night? Really?" "Calm your tits. I told Jordan. He asked me why I was so happy this morning." "You couldn't lie? Jeez, Jamie won't even talk to me now." "She's a bitch. You seriously need new friends." "YOU NEED TO LEARN TO THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!!!" I yelled. Then turned and walked away.

I walked into trig, threw my books on my desk and sat down. Jamie was already taking notes. "You know what? I don't need you telling me who I can and can't talk to. I'm tired of all the attitude I'm getting from... Everybody. I'm not gonna beg you to talk to me. I guess if you wanna be pissed... BE PISSED." She turned around when my whisper turned into a shout. "Well then stop crying to me everytime you get hurt by somebody. I'm tired of giving you advice and you not taking it." She turned back around and finished taking notes. Trent finally came walking in. He stopped next to my desk and started to say something, but I put my hand up and shook my head. Taking the hint he slumped up to his seat and started taking notes. He glanced back a few times during class, but I refused to make eye contact with him.

After a very awkward ride home with Jamie I pulled into my driveway, hoping to see the Prius. Nothing. I went upstairs and sat on my bed, pulled out my phone and checked twitter.

Ross had posted about a new episode of A&A. And a picture of him and Riker in front of some restaurant. This was killing me. I really needed to see him. Just a few hours would seriously relieve a ton of stress.

I changed into my suit, grabbed a towel and headed out back to the pool. It had been disgustingly hot the past few days. I sat my phone on the deck and dove in. The water was warm, but still cool enough to feel good. As soon as I got comfortable on the raft I heard my phone go off. "Aagggghhh!" I muttered. I climbed out and wrapped my towel around myself. "This BETTER be Ross." I clicked receive.

Sorry about today. I promise I won't say anything to anybody about us again. Please don't let this screw everything up.

Nope, not even gonna respond. I sat it back on the deck and hopped back into the pool, settling on the raft.

I laid there till my dad opened the back door. "There's somebody here to see you." he said.

pleaseberosspleaseberosspleasebeross

"Who?" "Trent." He said. Not looking too happy. I understood why. My dad treated Trent like a son for years. They went fishing together, they went to races together, watched sports together. My dad was the one who got him interested in cars. But then Trent messed all that up by screwing around with my cousin. My dads brothers daughter.

I grabbed my towel and walked toward the back door. "What's he want?" "I don't know dad. I mean, we kinda had some issues at school today, but I basically told him to leave me alone for a while." "Oh, him and Michelle aren't "DATING" anymore" he said, using air quotes. I laughed a little. "No dad, not since a few days ago. But don't worry, we aren't getting back together."

I headed to the front door. Trent was sitting on the top step holding a daisy. He stood up when I opened the door.

"I texted you." "I was swimming." "Oh." "Look, I need a few days to think ok? I mean, today, what happened, it really screwed a lot of things up." he handed me the flower. "Thanks. I'll call you when I'm ready." "Cor." "I'll call you when I'm ready." I repeated. "Kay" he said, then slowly walked down the porch stairs and to his car.