RALIO.

By now, it was already 5 minutes into the New Year, and everyone everywhere was celebrating any way they could, some taking photos, eating, dancing and just having a good time.

Tyler and Candela, had not crossed paths since their last argument. They somehow decided to stay out of each other's way, and not bother anyone.

That night, Tyler was in his room, scrolling through their family videos of their previous New Year's celebration. As he played and scrolled through the videos, he realized how much he missed his dad, and how much Candela had done for them since their dad left them.

He got up, got out of his room, and headed for the kitchen.

Candela was still in her room scribbling away in her diary the new things she hopes to happen for her this New Year. Her friends had invited her for a New Year's Eve party, but she declined, saying she'd rather stay home.

Every ounce of her missed her father, and she didn't want to hide it, or fight the feeling.

Tyler set his phone down on the kitchen counter, and pulled out a box of cookie mix. He read the preparation procedure on the box, and started baking.

Actually, all he had to do was pour the mix in a bowl, add a little water to mix, and mold it into any shape and size he wanted, before setting it in the oven.

After a couple minutes, it was ready.

Actually, he burnt them. The box didn't indicate how long he had to leave them in the oven for, so he set the wrong timer, and a couple of the cookies got burnt.

Regardless of the outcome, Tyler put all the cookies in a large plate with two cups of warm milk. He set them properly in a small tray, along with some scented candles and flowers he picked from their backyard.

After the decoration was complete, he took the tray up to his sister's room. He stopped right at the door, re-thinking his decision.

Candela heard footsteps approaching her door, and raised her head from her book. She could see Tyler standing outside her room from the tiny corner of her door.

"What are you doing?" Candela asked, seeing Tyler standing outside her room.

"I thought you were asleep." Tyler said, pushing Candela's room door open, and walking in with the tray in his hands.

"Can't." Candela replied.

Tyler stopped at the edge of her bed, he took one look at the tray and looked up at his sister.

"I got this for you." He said, gently setting the tray on Candela's bed.

Candela closed her book, with her pen still in the page she was writing on, and sat up straight on the bed.

"I mean, I know it's not the same as dad's pod pie, or any of his New Year's pastries, but—" Tyler started.

"But, its thoughtful. Thank you." Candela said, with a smile.

She pulled the tray closer, and took a bite out of one of the cookies. She squeezed her face immediately, and brought out the cookie from her mouth.

"It's burnt, but—" Candela said, with a soft smile to hide her actual thought.

"Yeah, about that, I don't think am very good." Tyler said.

"We have cookie mix." Candela said, cleaning her mouth with the napkin Tyler had brought them.

'Exactly." Tyler nodded.

They both fell silent for an awkward second.

"Hey, come here." Candela said, tapping her bed lightly for Tyler to sit.