Forever is a Lie (3/4) || 24

•••

•••

it's nine in the morning. tears have dried aera sits numb on the waiting bench, staring the void in space, while everything that happened plays in her head. from the first day kevin told her that they should have a baby now; from aera reasoning him that she's not ready; from his overtime working hours, to their growing fights, to the hugs and kisses becoming less frequent, to kevin slowly falling out of love until aera learnt that he's finally not into her anymore and has probably been seeing someone else.

that hurts. more that aera could've imagined for a heartbreak to hurt. she was mad, pissed, hurt, betrayed and felt like ending everything around her including herself, but never kevin. if she knew something like this would happen— that kevin would be fighting for his life in the hospital, getting surgeries after surgeries done on him, only because of the last conversation they had which had him being accused of cheating— she would've stayed quiet and sealed her lips like nothing happened for him to be fine.

his words sure did hurt but they weren't bigger than his life or aera's love. yes she hoped that he would've chosen better things to say than dragging her brother in this, which also made her question if all guys have the right to cheat on her now; if all guys she ever sees have the right to hurt her just because her brother couldn't be loyal in his relationships. kevin shouldn't have said that, not to aera's face at least because now she's busy pondering over what could happen if she never knew. would kevin still pretend to be mad at her for not agreeing to have a baby, while he was going to have a few more flings? considering that he thinks jungkook cheating in his older relationships gave kevin a licence to do it too, bothered aera a bit.

although the bigger question right now is if kevin will even wake up or not. aera's hurt and lost, but not stupid to not read his father's worried face and mother crying in his embrace when the doctor was talking to them. aera didn't bother going to the couple again after the mother yelled at her, blaming her for the condition kevin is in, claiming that she could've prevented this from happening if she didn't have such a big ego and her bratty attitude that was again somehow jungkook's fault according to the woman.

aera cried in front of her, begging that she didn't mean to cause all this. they just had an argument and she wouldn't have done it if she knew it would hurt kevin like this. the mother didn't listen, crying as well for her son, telling aera to leave just how she didn't care for her husband, let alone the family.

jake and clay stayed with her through the night, seeing her go from bawling her eyes out for the first few hours to sitting completely numb in her place now, without an ounce of sleep or any word uttered out of her lips. she remained shut even when the boys asked her what was the matter that made her fight with kevin, or when the kevin's mom glanced at her while talking to the police about the accident. the officers had some humanity inside them, which was probably why didn't ask her anything as early as a few hours back, for they could see her bad state as it's her husband inside the room, dying out of life while she's being blamed for it by his mother.