30.

Persephone's POV

When the door opens, I quickly ready myself before rushing down the stairs with a wide grin spread across my face. Hades had just got home, and I had to show him what I could do. It wasn't as strong as his power, but it was almost similar. As I race down the stairs, I wear one of his old cloaks and the thoughts of last night play in the back of my mind. It sent the nerves in my gut haywire, and I bite my lip to help ease the growing build in my chest.

When I had woken up, I noticed he was gone. He must've went with the others to check on Cronus, but now that he's back I couldn't wait to hug him again. I wanted him to throw work aside for the day and spend as much time with me as possible. Maybe we could go feed Cerberus, or take a nice walk in the forest.

"Hades!" I call, and when I turn the corner of the living room, I'm met with Pirithous sitting on the sofa.

I stop in my tracks, and Hades' warning comes to mind when his small smile grows as his eyes lock on me. The absence of other voices, and his relaxed demeanor tell me he's alone.

"Where is my husband?" I ask and his eyes dart back toward the window.

"He's outside dealing with family affairs. I think we are leaving once he comes back inside."

"Did something happen?" I ask as I rush toward the window, "Are they okay?"

"I don't know, they didn't tell me much." He says calmly, "But knowing them, I doubt it's something for us to worry about."

"How much do you know?" I ask fishing for answers when I see no one outside.

"Cronus must've done something, they are acting like Olympus is about to collapse."

My heart skips a beat, and my eyes dart back toward him. The more worry drawn in my eyes, the more he seems concerned. His sword is clean from blood, and he truly seems like he doesn't know much of what happened. The only thing itching at me, is the fact that Cronus did something.

"Even if he did something...there's no way he could do anything more. He caused an earthquake, but he can't do anymore than that. Not with them around."

"I think they might need to do something more than chain him down." He says softly, "Zeus...I can't even explain what happened to him. I've never seen him cry and panic like that..."

"Even if Zeus can't stand, Hades and a Poseidon can take him alone." I say confidently, "Just because Zeus is afraid, doesn't mean we have to be."

"You hold a lot of confidence in your husband." He compliments, "It's admirable."

"He's beaten Cronus before, he can do it again. There's nothing for you and your family to worry about."

Before he can speak any longer the door flies open with the whistling wind, and the sound of stern conversation fills the room.

"Those chains have kept him down for decades! There isn't a possible way for him to escape." Hades' bites at who I'm guessing is his brothers.

Pirithous begins to try and walk toward the entrance, but I wave him down and silently tell him to stop. Hades already didn't like him, and with the way his tone is projected I doubt he'd be any calmer with him around.

"That's not the point." Poseidon says firmly, "He's gotten stronger, and somehow he knows the name of my wife. Do you expect me to sit back and do nothing?? You don't have a clue on how he knows Amphitrite and Hera! Do you expect me to sit and wait for something to happen?"

"Telling the rest of the Gods will cause a panic! We need to sit and think about this before we do anything. He knows what he's doing, and your playing right into his trap!"