Day 14 - Just a Sonally Filler

(I had to draw the picture above for the chapter, I couldn't find any good pictures of Amy/Cream flying together..)

(ps: I want the real drama to happen around day 20, and I still have 5 chapters to go before that becomes a thing, so I'm just gonna make this cute lil chapter, and continue the story next chapter)

(pps: happy 2023 :D)

(Sonic's POV)

Huh. I must've fallen asleep while cuddling with Sally, because now it's nighttime and she's in another room. I jump off of the couch I was laying on, stretch my legs, and walk into the room Sally's in. I find her in our bedroom, trying to fix the window. I watch her for a bit, silently looking around the corner as she worked. She was putting something on the broken part of the window, and cleaning up the bits of it. If there's one thing I adore about that woman, it's her dexterity and capability to fix or build just about anything.

 That actually reminds me of the time I crashed through our front door. Tails and I were testing out one of his jetpack prototypes, and it went out of control. I was the one riding it, and I began to spin in the air. Then I tried to land on the ground but ended up crashing into our door...  Sally wasn't too happy about having a broken door and an injured hedgehog.  She spent at least a half hour picking splinters and wood chips out of-

"-ouch!..."

A sudden cry of pain took me out of my thoughts, as I perked my ears up and looked over at Sally, who was suddenly clutching her arm. I quickly run over to her and softly grab the part of her arm that she isn't clutching, and look at her with a worried expression on my face. I ask the expected..
"Sal, what happened?? Let me see."

"I was picking up the pieces of glass that were on the windowsill, and I thought that putting my arm on the corner of it was a good idea... but there's a small and sharp piece of glass right there that somehow, I didn't notice..." She responds before grimacing. I quickly rush into our bathroom and grab cotton swabs, hydrogen peroxide, and bandages. I lead her onto our bed and have her sit down as I get to tending to her wound, dabbing up all of the blood and tossing the swabs aside when finished. Now it's time for the worst part of all. If you've ever gotten a cut or scrape and had to get it cleaned with hydrogen peroxide, you understand what I mean. I look at Sally and tell her,

"This'll probably hurt a lot, so brace yourself.."

She just nods at me in response and moved her arm off of her arm, giving me the thumbs up to proceed. I pour some of the peroxide onto the wounded area, getting a hiss of pain in response.. I hurry it up a bit, cleaning the affected area before wrapping it up in bandages. I finally finish a few minutes later, before getting up and putting the medical stuff away. Sally trails behind me as I walk towards the bathroom, hugging me from behind while walking alongside me at the same time. 

"thanks, love" She says a bit muffled, but that's probably because her face is in my back.

"You're always welcome, milady" I respond with a small smile on my face. 

"For a reckless hedgehog, you sure know your medical stuff"

"..shut up"

We both share a laugh before I ask her,

"You need help with that window?"

She responds with a simple "no thanks" before getting back to it. I go grab a quick thing to eat, just a nutri-grain bar, nothing special, then go chill on the couch for a little while I eat the bar and check the time. I quickly turn the tv on and.. holy cow!? 

It's 2 in the morning? I didn't mean to fall asleep for so long, Shadow might be out right now, or I might've already missed my chance! How the hell did I sleep for so long, I wasn't even that tired! I blame that squirrel in the other room, she must've made me this sleepy or something. On a more serious note, I've gotta get going.

I run into the other room, and tell Sally what I'm going to go do, and promise to update her on everything when I return. Then all of a sudden, she tells me to wait, runs into another room, and then hands me something, a red watch looking thing? Sally then explains to me, 
"Use it if you need to talk to me, all you have to do is press the button on the left. The button on the right sends an alert to my watch, and it'll let me know if you need me, it'll also tell me your location if we lose each other, cool right?"

I look down at her and kiss her forehead, while she closes her eyes and giggles, which is the absolute cutest thing I have ever heard. Ah.. I love this squirrel so damn much, which is surprising, coming from me of all people.

"It's more than 'cool', it's brilliant, amazing, beautiful... oh wait, I'm describing you, oops" I tell her, before bringing her in for a hug. I wrap my arms around her tightly and stuff my face in her crimson red locks of hair. She hugs back and tells me, 

"love ya, and stay safe, I better not have a hurt hedgehog coming home", and laughs to herself.

"I'll try my best, love you too." I let go of her and give her a small kiss on the lips before rushing out of the door, leaving a very blushy squirrel girl back there.

Now that I've got out of the house, and took care of Sal, I can scout around for Shadow, or any signs of him. I'll be out here for as long as I can be, I refuse to let my guard down and lose valuable information.

Time to search around Eggman's base, and Amy's house, not to be a stalker, it's only because those two have chemistry, and if Shadow were with anyone, it'd most likely be with Amy.

I'm glad she's moved on from her obsession with me, because I love Sally, and I know that she loves me back. Besides, Amy's slowly falling for Shadow, and I think Shadow's doing the same to Amy, it's hard to tell when he's so menacing and angry-looking and secretive about how he's feeling.

Eh, no matter, I have to find out if he's an ally or an enemy.. Time to speed up!

....