Captured - Part 1

Jim threw his hood over his head, cursing under his breath as the tv showed footage of him falling off of the fire titan. It was clearly him and couldn't be anyone else. Everyone in the entire world had witnessed and remembered the incident, but none of them understood what it was.

"We are offering a bounty of up to 200,000 to catch the person in this clip. Further investigations suggest that they may have been the cause of the death and destruction of millions around the globe. Similarly, other countries are offering the same deals to capture this potential villain."

"Villain?" He asked out loud, completely speechless. "This is why you can't do nice things for people."

Jim pulled out his phone, which showed his location in New York. He was trying to hide and find refuge somewhere until he could convince everyone that he wasn't trying to kill them all.

"That's insane, don't you think?" Someone walking beside him said. "He looks like a kid, but he's pure evil. When they catch him, his story better be good."

It was at this moment that the realization hit. Nobody but his close friends and family knew the truth. Everyone else with the exception of a few thought he was basically a terrorist.

"How are you going to get out of this one, Jim?" He asked himself. "Everyone wants answers."

A ringing came from his bag but he decided to ignore it. It was probably his mother, Toby, Strickler, or Claire, all of them confused about his whereabouts.

A few whispers came from behind Jim and suddenly someone yelled, "That's him! That's the kid on the news!"

"Oh, shit," he muttered under his breath. He could hear his mother's tongue clicks of disapproval at his language. More and more people began crowding around Jim, making his anxiety rise.

Without thinking, he pushed through the crowd and landed on the other side, scratching his face in the process. His feet ran as fast as they could, adrenaline coursing through all his veins. He looked back to see the crowd making multiple phone calls, which only fueled his fear.

"The innocent don't run," they said. "They only run when people make up their own stories and refuse to believe anything else," he said, finishing his thoughts.

—————-

"Where is he?" Barbara asked Toby who had been desperately calling Jim for the past five hours.

"I have no idea, he won't pick up."

A panicked Claire began banging on the door, urging to tell them what she had found. Barbara opened the door, only to have Claire run in and grab the tv remote. Toby stared at her confused, but before she managed to find the right video, he let out a loud gasp while staring at his phone screen.

"What?!" She asked him again, shaking his shoulders this time. Claire finally found the footage and played it out. The same clip that made Jim run for his life.

They all gawked at the lady speaking, in complete disbelief. She powered it off after a few seconds when they got the general idea.

"He's on the run. Even I can't reach him, but knowing Jim... he's going to try and take the blame for everything."

"Then what are we waiting for? We have to prove Jimbo is innocent. Again," Toby yelled out.

"We'll only be digging him a deeper hole. If they know there are multiple people involved, it might get messy."

Strickler came in with a cup of tea for Barbara who looked like she was going to pass out. He noticed everyone's ghastly faces and asked, "Did you find him or has something happened?"

"He's trying to take all the blame for all the destruction that happened," she whispered, taking a sip of her tea. Strickler's eyes widened and he looked at Claire, questioning why she hadn't portaled to him yet. She shook her head, answered his unasked question.

"We are in quite a predicament. Is there any way to locate him?"

"I've been calling and calling! Absolutely nothing," he said as he held up his device. A vibration started and he whipped it back around to see Jim's caller ID. Toby let out a slightly excited laugh as he picked up.

"Is this Tobias Domzalski?" A random voice asked. He put the call on speaker to let everyone gather around to hear.

"Yes," he replied, keeping his answers short and curt to prevent making him seem more guilty.

"I thought I would let you know, but your friend was taken away just now. He asked if we would call you through his phone to let you know he was in New York City. Thank you." A long tone followed.

"Douxie is still in New York! I can use him as an anchor."

"Then let's go," Toby announced, standing up triumphantly.