0.0 : LAST SUMMER

0.0 : LAST SUMMER

—— NOX JI

THE LAST PARTY BEFORE SUMMER. It was always the Saturday after the final day, right before the teens boarded the Sunday trains. It was the biggest party of the year, aside from the annual Rave'N ball. Nox hated attending.

For being a school for outcasts, Nevermore sure was a judgmental group of people. The academy was filled with obnoxious teens with their own freak nature. Nox was no different, he just was a loner. And being a loner made you an automatic outcast of the outcasts.

His sister was different though, that's why he still went. Nox went to every party with his sister, whether to keep her company or to keep her safe. Either way he begrudgingly went and typically spent the whole night nursing one cup of beer.

Tonight seemed strange though. 

Something was going to happen. Nox felt it buzzing under his skin and curling into his gut. It wasn't a death. If it was, Nox and Lorelai would be a bit more scream-y. This was a different feeling. A more creeping feeling and a less smoky touch of death feeling. It just made the whole ordeal worse.

The same couldn't be said about Lorelai though. 

She happily gripped onto his fingers as they weaved through the large grows of sweaty teenagers. The party was behind the school, in the woods. The teachers were typically out having their own celebration, which left the adolescence to do what they wished in the dead of night.

Music blasted and the crowd was screaming and jumping. They were too far out for Jericho to hear them so it made the party even more exciting. Lorelai was already bouncing in her heeled leather thigh-highs. Nox was already feeling the tell-tale sign of a headache growing at his temples. He hated these stupid parties.

His twin pulled him tightly by his wrist, her long crimson nails glinting in the many fairy lights strung around the trees. Nox kept his own grip tight, not wanting to lose his one piece of sanity through the waves of teenagers.

"Lory." Nox hissed into the shorter girl's ear only to get no response. She couldn't hear him over the loud crowd and her own boisterous singing. He sighed in relief as they reached the drink and snack table.

Nox was quick to pour a cup of beer from the keg. He went to take a large swig only for it to be yanked away from his lips. The boy glared at the thief expecting it to be Lorelai, but was surprised to see golden boy Xavier Thorpe standing there. The taller teen was smirking, his brunet hair falling softly around his face while he tilted the cup up in greetings. "Thanks, Nox."

Nox rolled his eyes, rubbing a hand over his short silver hair. It was already showing his roots, he'd have to dye it sooner or later, it was starting to look a bit wonky. To be honest he doesn't know how Xavier and Lorelai deal with their long hair. He was already debating shaving his own off and it didn't even brush his ears. "What do you want, Thorpe?"

Xavier gave him an annoying grin as moved a step closer, simultaneously avoiding a dancing (read: flailing) Ajax and making Nox want to have a werewolf claw his eyes out. The blond made a tsking noise, "why so uptight, Noxy?"

Nox ignored the stupid bastard to fill another cup with beer and chugging it down before Xavier could steal it. He turned back to see Xavier still there looking at him with his big green eyes. "Shouldn't you be with Bianca?"

Instantly, the banshee could see the way Xavier closed off; his eyes losing their light and his grin fading. Nox would have been curious if he actually cared, too bad he didn't. The brunet scoffed and crossed his arms defensively. "Why the hell do you care, Ji?"

Nox was almost taken aback by the quick change, it was a good thing he had a naturally stiff face – it took a lot to move and express himself through facial movements. Nox rolled his eyes again and began to move away. "I don't. It was a question, chill the fuck out. Leave me alone if you're gonna be a prissy bitch."

Nox had soon realized that Lorelai had left to join the dance floor and couldn't be bothered to follow her. So, he walked deeper into the forest, hopefully he could light one up once he was far enough. Unfortunately, Nox could hear the sounds of a lanky teen following him. At least he only has to deal with one irritating classmate rather than a whole student body of them.

Slipping out a cigarette from his pocket he swiftly lit it and took a swift inhale. Nox wouldn't usually advertise himself as a smoker to his classmates, but Xavier just wouldn't leave him alone and he needed something to ward away his headache.

"Seriously, what do you want, Xavier?" Nox couldn't help but ask again. It was a bit muffled around his cigarette, but his annoyed face definitely got the point across.

He was honestly kind of confused. It wasn't like he was friends with the guy. They'd talk here and there. Sure, they were roommates, but Xavier was always off with Bianca and Nox spent his days anywhere but inside. Mostly it was just meeting eyes across the quad then going back to living their separate lives. There was really no reason for Xavier to follow him into the woods.

Xavier didn't look like he normally did. He wasn't smug nor was he bitter or hostile. He just had this deeper look in his eyes. Those field green hues had turned as dark as the forest they stood in with the lack of proper lighting. He stepped closer until he was about an arms width away.

Nox raised a dark curious brow. He lifted the white stick to his lips and inhaled deeply. He watched as Xavier followed his movements, lingering on his lips. He was even more confused now. Wasn't Thorpe in a relationship with Queen Bee Bianca? Why was he looking at Nox like he wanted to devour him?

"What the hell are you looking at?" No answer, just those endless emerald irises. Nox scoffed and looked away, not wanting to get lost in the hungry gaze. "Just leave me be, Thorpe. Go back to Bianca."

Suddenly, Nox's back hit a thick tree and he felt hands feeling up the side of his body. The boy darted his eyes back in surprise. Xavier was pressing him up against the tree, pinning him up with his muscled arms leaving no room to escape. Nox could only see a look of lust in the brunet's eyes. 

"What–?" Lips met his own, stopping his ensuing words.

Silky locks of oak curtained the scene of their messy kiss. Teeth clashed and their noses bumped. It was desired filled and done in a drunken stupor. Nox was stunned and his prone form allowed Xavier to slip his tongue in and taste the aftermath of beer and nicotine.

It was easy to get lost in the moment, especially with the two cups of beer beginning to cloud his mind. However, Nox forced himself to pull away, but Xavier ducked down to his neck. "Xav– Xavier. Stop, wait. Stop."

Xavier looked up in confusion. His lips are plump and swollen red. His hair was messy from where Nox's hands had begun to tug at it. The banshee let out small pants as he caught his breath. "Xavier. We – we can't– Bianca."

The teen's face only pinched in frustration. Nox wouldn't have been surprised if he wolfed out or something with the gruff noises he was making. "Don't say her name. I want this. Do you?"

Nox stared into those never-ending eyes and it was hard to say no. Did he even want to say no? Not really. Xavier was attractive and every bit his type. It would only be a one-time hookup. He's done it before. What's the harm?

"...yeah." Nox initiated the next kiss and allowed himself to lose himself in the feeling of Xavier's body on his own.

Nox's intuition was right. Something strange did happen that night. Whether it was good or bad, he wouldn't know until the banshee screams.