A win and a loss

Happy new year lovely readers! I hope to finish this saga in the next coming days , enjoy!

--////-----------///////-//////--------

It was the day of the wedding and that day, very early in the morning, Aditya went into Chini's room with Shalini. Chini was sleeping and imlie gestured asking Aditya what he was up to . Aditya asked her to be silent. He invited the servants in and they entered the room quietly and decorated it with balloons and flowers, they had all of Chinis favorite's cupcakes, cookies, donuts and lot of other treats that Aryan would allow her to eat only twice a month. Shalini saw the big brown official looking envelope in Aditya's hand.

Ad- hey Chini beta wake up

Ch-baba! Amma! What are you doing here? I'm sorry for the way I behaved yesterday, I was very upset

Ad- no need for these apologies Chini! See what we have for you

Chini smiled after seeing all the goodies in the room. Chini's mind drifted to the time Aryan had caught her sneaking a pastry from the refrigerator and how well he had explained to her the importance of keeping to a good diet for a swimmer and showed her how to make healthy choices, one time he even baked sugar free cupcakes for her that tasted delicious, he modelled that behavior for her every day and that made him her biggest inspiration.

Aryan always made sure Chini knew that she wasn't the centre of the universe, but she was the centre of his. Chini wiped her eyes as she missed her dad more than usual that day. She hugged her maasi and Shalini gave her a kiss and patted her back. Aditya pulled her closer in his embrace and began speaking after looking into her eyes.

Ad-chini dear, I know you've felt alone for so long, sailing on those unchartered seas. I know you've been calling for help in every way possible. The thing is, love, that when you're the explorer, the discoverer, there is no advice anyone can give... and if they tried they'd simply make your job all the harder. But now you don't have to be alone,your Amma and I are here, we will never leave you alone

Ch- I know baba but my heart is still hurting, I don't know how to get over this

Ad- you don't have to get over anything, I told you that day, I would fullfil all your dreams. And I'm here to keep that promise today

Ch-really baba?

Ad-yes sweetie, see what I have here! Surprise!!

Aditya handed over the envelope to Chini. There was a delicious moment where Chini's face washed blank with confusion, like her brain cogs couldn't turn fast enough to take in the information from her wide eyes. Every muscle of her body just froze before a grin crept onto her face, it soon stretched from one side to the other showing every single tooth. Chini quickly tore open in sweet anticipation, after reading it's content her doubt was confirmed! She hugged Aditya and Shalini simultaneously. Shalini had tears in her eyes and kissed Chini's head , Aditya followed suit and then moved on to kiss Shalini. Shalini reluctantly returned the gesture. Chini realized that her aunt was getting anxious and began speaking.

Ch- thank you baba , this is the best gift

Ad-it is not a bigger gift than you sweet smile! Now you have to promise me one thing!

Ch-yes baba I promise I will never cry again

Sh- dekha Babu Saheb kitni samhajdaar hai humri Chini! Humri bitiya ki hassi lautane ke liye shukriya

Ad- imlie Tumhe thanks kehne ki zaroorat nahi hai! Woh hum dono ki beti hai! Aur mein ab Tum dono ke aakhon kein kabhi aasu aane nahi dunga!

Sh- aap Dono Yeh sab wapas kijiye na aur babu saheb aap boliye inn papers mein kya hai, hum video lete hai! Humri Chini ke liye special memory rahegi

Ad-Iss sabki kya zaroorat hai Imlie?

Ch-Please na baba! Hum hamesha special moments record karte hai !

Ad-Ok ok ladies as you two wish!

Shalini wanted to take a video recording for later as it would serve as proof of Aditya were to ever contest the adoption in the future. Shalini smiled at Aditya and Chini continued to hug her aunt tightly, in her mind she prented she was her Amma , she missed her parents and siblings dearly. Shalini understood how her niece was feeling she raised up her chin and spoke to her in a sweet voice

Sh-my child, In missing them you have grown stronger, for none can stand where you have
Shalini kissed Chini's forehead and held her even tightly, so as to transfer her parents and siblings love to her in that loving and warm hug.

Ad-them? What do you mean Imlie?

Sh- uh Hanh woh.. hum..Babu Saheb I mean ABP and the babies I lost , her brothers.

Ad- imlie please you don't cry now, I know you both have suffered unspeakable loss but I promise you now you have me and you will never lose anything anymore!

Sh-Hanh Babu Saheb hum bass

Ad- mein samhajta Hun Imlie.. waise Tumhe yeh paperwork abhi sign Karna Baki hai, once you sign these, Chini will officially be your and posthumously Aryans daughter.

Sh- babu Saheb hum yeh paper Ek Baar Devi ma ke charno mein rakhte hain aur phir sign karenge, hum abhi Aaye aap aur Chini yahi rukiye hum abhi aaye

Ad-thik hain imlie mein yahi Hun , Meri pyaari Chini ke Saath! Waise jaldi aana warna yeh saare treats hum dono khatam kar denge!!

Ch- hanh Amma jaldi aana please

Shalini planned to rush to the outhouse to take Imlie's signature and let them on the good news, she texted the good news to Imlie on her way out so they would open the door for her without hesitation.

As soon as she opened the door of the house she came face to face with a bunch of masked men who stuffed a chloroform soaked napkin on her face, Shalini fell unconscious and they grabbed her and put her in a gunny sack while the brown envelope in her hands, fell on the floor. The soulless came for a soul, the very thing they could never regain. They came to take innocence and feel the evil joy as they sunk into the filth of indifference. Abduction is the work of monsters. God is watching. There is no return from such deeds, only an eternity of nothing.

Outhouse one hour later-

I- ABP itni der Kyu lag Rahi hai Shalini ko?

Ar-Hanh Imlie abtak toh usse Aajana chahiye tha!

I - ABP humka lagat hai kucho gadbad hai, humra Dil baitha ja Raha hai!

Ar-Imlie please shant ho Jao, mein waha jata Hoon

I- ABP humka lagat hain bacchuan rovat hai Tum Deko na Ek second, hum formula aur doodh garam Karke laate hai

Ar- Yes, I'll go to them but we have to figure this out Imlie!
Aryan headed inside and Imlie ran outside the door and locked it from outside Aryan realized what she had done and tried opening the door behind her.

Ar-Imlie yeh sab Kya hain! Darwaza kholo, abhi issi vakt!

I-ABP humka maaf kardo par abhi take humre paas Chini ke adoption paperwork nahi hai aur humri behen ke liye humhi ladhenge partner, hum toka kuccho bhi nahi hone de sakat hai partner!

Ar- Imlie ! Imlie don't be stupid open this door right now!

Imlie wiped her tears and left for Rathod mansion. She entered the house to find Chini's adoption papers in the brown envelope by the door, she hid them in one of the plant pots in the garden and entered the house to look for Shalini. Twins share a special, often unexplainable bond for eternity. They start out life by one another's side, and they remain together, in soul and spirit.

Shalini was Imlie's soulmate, one who had shared the most sacred space with her, her mother's womb, Imlie knew it in her bones that something had gone wrong and she searched every corner of the house for Shalini until she entered the room where Aditya and Chini were sitting.