Prologue II: Replaced

~

Her name was Natsuko Ooshima. I had replaced her and taken over the role of being the rookie detective. She had brightly colored hair and brightly colored eyes, just like me. Some would even say that at least in terms of looks, we were what others would call doppelgängers. Although we were similar in looks, our personality and beliefs, to say the least were completely different.

Glancing outside the window, it had revealed an abundant blue. The longer the clock ticked, the faster it seemed to as well. It had only been minutes, and yet those minutes felt like seconds, but I had grew impatient and tired of wearing this disguise. Attempting to leave, Nishijima had stopped me.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

He was average-sized, and slightly taller than me. He had walnut-brown hair. Standing for perhaps a couple seconds too long, "I have to go use the bathroom." But, before I could go, he yelled out to me.

"Well, don't be late, there's a meeting!"

I gave him a kind smile, before quickly leaving for the bathroom.  There the disguise came off, it was starting to itch, so it couldn't be helped. Letting out a sigh, a thought came to fruition. "A meeting?"

Had they fallen for it? The email that was sent?

10:20
[The station's Investigation Section -> Women's restroom]
Temporary took off Natsuko's disguise
It was itchy so it can't be helped
The Investigation Section's idiots still hasn't realized who I am
The escape route is clear, perfect.

Putting back on my disguise, and leaving the restroom eventually to see Nishijima. He had been waiting outside. Surprised, I stood attempting to regain my posture. Just my luck. "Nishijima?" I blurted out.

"Er, did I scare you?"

"No! You just surprised me." I retorted.

Afterwards, he crossed his arms, and looked up. He looked up at the ceiling, as if there was some sort of bug on it before replying, "I came to get you. We're almost late."

We're? He could've went by himself. Frowning, I quickly changed my expression. "What's the meeting about anyway?" I asked.

"I never told you? I could've swore I did."

"No, you didn't at all."

"This morning we received an advance notice from the terrorist bomber via e-mail."

"We received an email from the terrorist bomber!?" I exclaimed.

A part of me couldn't help but wonder how smooth this plan was going, how everything had so easily fallen into place. I've always been on the run for most of my life, usually having to find some sort of way out of a situation. Often times, it was life or death, hence why I created the Escape Diary. Noting out all of the actions I took for the day, helped me come up with plans to escape.

That is the purpose of the Escape Diary. "How did you forget to tell me that?!"

"C-Calm down. That's why you are assigned to this place. I suppose it's a good thing, considering the fact that it's your first assignment." he explained.

He appeared to think for a second, before saying,"Do your best, Natsu-chan."

"I will, I promise!"

But, of course, that had been a lie. I couldn't fulfill the promise, even if I wanted to. That comment was to Natsuko Ooshima, and I wasn't her, I was Uryuu Minene. Natsuko Ooshima was unknown to them, long gone.