chapter six

the house was filled with yowls and snarls as the two hybrids tumbled with each other. namjoon had whisked jimin away, leaving the three humans to handle the situation unfolding in front of them. yoongi had already tried to intervene multiple times, earning a few scratch and bite marks in the process. at the moment, he was trying to pulling taehyung off of vivian.

"taehyung! cut it out!" yoongi pleaded with him, pulling at his shirt, his arms, anything he could get ahold of. taehyung was relentless, tugging at their shirt and ears and tail. vivian howled particularly loud when taehyung gripped their ear harshly, turning and latching their fangs into his arm. taehyung hissed, jerking up and back, smacking into yoongi and sending him sprawling across the ground.

"yoongi! are you okay?" hoseok rushed to his side, helping him sit up. yoongi rubbed at the sore spot on his cheek, watching the two hybrids tussle it out. he knew this was going to be rough, but none of them had any idea it would be like this.

"yeah. thanks, hobi." yoongi got back up on his feet, dusting himself off. taehyung clearly wasn't listening to him, and vivian didn't look like they were giving up anytime soon. "i'm actually not sure what to do."

as if the universe itself heard yoongi's silent prayer, there was a sharp yowl followed by a hiss before taehyung shot off, mewling and whining the entire way to hoseok's room. the three humans all turned to look at vivian, whose hand had trails of blood.

"ah, shit." hoseok scrambled to his feet, taking off after taehyung. yoongi's eyes were wide as vivian's chest heaved, trying their best to catch their breath. their clothes had rips and tears, fur and hair tangled and tufted from the fight. seokjin had already brought one of the first aid kits scattered throughout the house.

"here." he handed it to yoongi before heading off to find jeongguk. yoongi turned to vivian, who was clutching their arm to their chest. they were still crouched on the floor, tail strewn out behind them haphazardly. he sighed, sitting beside his hybrid as he opened the kit. vivian watched with slight wonder as he pulled out the supplies he needed, setting them apart from the rest.

"okay, this might sting a bit." yoongi held up a bottle of antiseptic and cotton balls. he poured a bit of the liquid on one of the puffs, moving to gently dab at their wounds. at the first touch, vivian recoiled, ears flattening as they swiped at yoongi's hand. he retracted it in time, frowning slightly. "i warned you. it'll only hurt for a minute, i promise."

vivian narrowed their eyes at him, hesitant. they finally leaned closer, allowing yoongi to continue with his cleaning. yoongi did his best to be gentle, disinfecting and bandaging anything that he deemed necessary.

yoongi finished wrapping their hand, giving it a gentle squeeze before placing it back in their lap. he set to picking up his mess, replacing the kit from where seokjin had pulled it from. he returned to the main room, taking in the way vivian was still sitting on the floor, inspecting the hand he had just finished bandaging. yoongi smiled fondly, a swirl of happiness filling his chest.

"hey, viv?" the hybrid's ears perked up as they turned to look at him. yoongi had made his way to the hallway, still smiling. "let's go to my room, yeah? give you some space from the others."

vivian stared at him for a moment before getting to their feet, nodding slightly as they followed yoongi down to his room. he stopped at the end, opening the last door on the left. he let vivian in first, watching the way they reacted.

the room was almost as large as the living room, with big windows on the opposite side of the room. the floor was made out of dark hardwood, a pleasant contrast to the white schemes of the furniture. there was a plush white carpet tucked under the foot of the bed, so clean it looked unused. the bed itself was a queen size, with black and white pillows and sheets. the entirety of the room was black and white, they noticed, almost a running theme in this boy's life. there was an in-wall bookshelf on one side of the room, filled with probably the only color in the room (aside from the houseplants... cute).