Truths and Half Truths

I didnt have the heart to tell him that the end of my day was awfull so I told him a half truth. I liked my RIO and my day was amazing. Almost all of my day was amazing but he didnt need to know that. When Mav got home he pulled in faster than a bat out of hell on his Kawasaki. I was still crying in my car. It was so dumb and childish but I couldnt stop. He asked me why I socked Jake and I told him everything that happened. I saw him grit his teeth and I knew that he was just as pissed as I was. "Dont do anything, I think I took care of it. Accidentally."  That made him smile and shake his head. "I know now that you are more than capable of taking care of your self." He joked. I smiled and nodded but I still feel bad for probably scaring Bob. " I feel bad for hitting him in front of Bob, he's kinda shy and we were making progress but I think I just ruined that." I told him solemly. "Tell him." I looked up to him shocked. "what?"  "Tell him. Tell him who you are. Why you hit Hangman after he said that. If you trust him, tell him." He was right. I nodded along. "Im gonna call him, I- Thank you!" I said wrapping my arms around my uncle. He smiled and returned the favor before going inside to gove me my space.

I pulled up his contact and gave him a call. I was quite thankfull that he answered since it was getting a little late, its about 9:30.  "Hey Bob, thank you for answering, um are you free right now, I feel bad for earlier and there is something that I want to tell you."  "Hi, um no problem but are you ok? What do you need to tell me?"  "Meet me at the Hard Deck?"  "Yeah, of course Ill see you soon." Before he hang up I heard another voice. "Was that Elenore? God I hope she's ok. Whatever Bagman said to her earlier left her in tears." I smiled after the click. It was Pheonix.

I smiled when I saw his car there, I pulled in right next to it and began the man hunt. He waved me over when he saw me, I smiled and walked over. I was ringing my hands and tried to take a deep breath. "Woah, I think you should sit down you dont look good. Are you sure your ok. Did you drive yourself here?" He rattled off. It made me smile and laugh a little bit. I was just really nervous but its good to know that he cares so much. "Im just nervous. Im ok, or at least I will be after this. "  "Please tell me." He pleaded as he sat right next to me and gently put his hand on my forearm. He had really warm hands, and they almost covered my whole arm. I smiled but shake the thought out of my head.

"I wanted to say that I was sorry for hitting Hangman infront of you. Im not sorry I did it though, but I felt that we were really starting to break the ice." I said I already felt myself getting a little emotional. Its not often that I talk about my emotions but when I do it usually ends in tears. "Hey its ok, what he said wasnt ok but I thought it was cool how you stood up for yourself like that." I was relieved and prepared myself for what was next. The real kicker. "I got so upset, because I told you that my dad was one of the best, but I got here because I fought for it. I knew that if I told people in this field who my parents are, then they would think that I got here off of favors and connections. Which is the farthest thing from the truth. My dad. My dad is admiral Kazansky. Iceman. My mom Is Maverick's sister, Sarah. Ghost. My name is Elenore Kazansky, and I knew that if people, especially Jake, knew, I was never going to be taken seriously. Thats why I didn't tell anyone. So when he said it, it hit a nerve not only was is disgusting but it was disrespectfull to my dad. That's what my problem was. Now, only you, Mav and the people who called me know."

I looked back up at him, a single tear falling down my face.  "So you're telling me, that I will be flying with the admirals daughter?" He asked. I nodded as he gave me a napkin. "I wont say a word, but I do have to say, Pheonix aleady thought so. Just because you look just like him, I think the others are too dumb to figure it out." He said with a small smile at the end. "Yeah, probably all the steroids. I dont know why people think that being made of straight mucsle is the most attractive part of a person."  "You dont? I mean I didn't think that that was all you cared about-" I put my hand up and he turned as read as baboon ass. "I know what you meant and no. I dont really like guys that are ripped. I like them if they are kind, funny, dont get me wrong, being strong is nice but it is the dead last thing I pay attention too. Dead last, almost doesnt even make the list. I like to be able to have conversations with the people that I decide to spend my time with."

He blushed again and nodded while smiling. "What do you look for in a woma- person?"  He smiled and nodded. "Women, yes." I put my hands up and laughed, "Hey I was just trying to be inclusive." He laughed and nudged my shoulder. "Not Bagman, totally to tall." I bust out laughing and so does he. "Ok, but seriously, uhh, I also dont really apy attention to physicalitly, but being on the shorter side is nice. Uh, Im not super social so if they like understand, and accept that, thats really nice. I like, funny and genuine, and kind. They have to like cats though, might me a make or break kinda thing." He said softly laughing at the end. I smiled "No Chlamydia if I have to take a guess at another atribute." I joked, this already is going to be an inside joke between us. He almost choked on his water from laughing. "Oh my god are you ok??" He nodded still laughing. He put his hand on my shoudler and gave a thumbs up. I patted his hand and laughed softly. Penny looked over at us and smiled.

When he calmed down he pushed his glasses up. "Yes, you would be right."  "Last call!" Penny called and I instantly looked at my watch. "Its already 3?" Holy crap. "Its going to be a rought day tomorrow, I get up in two hours." I said with a small laugh. "Lucky, I got an hour and a half." I smiled and pat his shoulder. I ran to penny before he could and payed for both our drinks, they were both water but I did not know we were just talking and laughing with each other for so long. "You should have let me pay." I shook my head like a kid. "Nope. I brought you here, I pay." He smiled and shook his head as we walked out. He looked at the stickers on my dash and smiled. "All makes sense now. Ill tell Pheonix you're all right. She came by just before you called to ask if I knew you were ok or not." I smiled and nodded. "I heard. I didnt know I was already crying though. I thought that only happened when I got to my car." He looked at me a little funny. "How did you hear?"  "You didn't hang up yet. Anyway, Ill see you in the morning. Try to get some sleep." I said opening my door. "Yeah you too El, see you in a couple hours."