Chapter 15

Sapnap POV

"ALL MEDICS TO ROOM 19! ALL MEDICS TO ROOM 19! THE PATIENT'S HEART RATE HAS STOPPED!"

That's alarming. I feel bad for whoever knew the patient. I looked at Alex sympathetically.

Alex looked panicked.

What? Why was he panicked?

"What's wrong...?" I asked.

Tears sprung to his eyes.

"That's Karl."

I think my heart rate stopped when I heard that.

Karl.

He was dying.

He couldn't. No. This had to be a joke. Karl couldn't die. Not yet. I still needed him.

I threw the white covers off of myself. Carefully, I moved myself off the bed.

I stood up, tumbling slightly, due to lack of walking in the past few days. Alex grabbed onto my arm to steady me.

Together, we ran to the door.

3RD PERSON POV BECAUSE IDK HOW TO WRITE THIS PART IN 1ST—

Karl laid in the hospital bed. Nurses and doctors stood anxiously around him.

The heart rate monitor was silent. The body, practically dead.

Everyone inside and outside the room pleaded.

"READY!"

They charged the body.

Nothing.

"READY!"

They tried again.

The body stayed unmoved.

The boys fought to get in.

Nick was being shushed, and was getting pushed back into his own room.

A stray nurse had noticed him, and was denying his right to stand.

Alex was sobbing. Karl was all he had at one point. And now, he was dying.

Dream and George stood emotionless.

Bad tried his best to cheer them up, but after seeing the patient through the window in the door, he could barely keep it in.

He did know Karl. Karl was wearing the very colorful hoodie that Bad had given him as well.

In the room, the doctors had decided they would try one final time. If he didn't wake then, he never would.

"READY!" The doctor yelled for a final time.

They charged the body.

Nothing.

Everyone stood quiet for a moment.

Debating on who would tell the boys of their loss.

The doctors cleared the room. They finally let the boys in.

They warned them. Karl wouldn't wake up.

Everyone was in tears now.

Alex and Nick came in before the others.

They stood there silently. 

Karl was gone.

...

"Uhm... hello! Are you guys okay?" A small voice said, from where Karl lay.

Alex looked up. "Karl? You're...alive."

Karl gave the boy a look of confusion. Nothing was making sense to him.

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" Karl asked.

Alex blinked a few times.

"Karl, you were in a fire, remember?" Alex said, as though it was so obvious.

Karl seemed to be even more confused now.

"A fire? What do you mean? And, how do you know my name?"

Alex's heart dropped.

What did Karl mean? He had to remember him...right?

"Karl, stop. It's not funny," Nick said, butting in, after feeling the tension rise.

Karl seemed to shrink. "What are you talking about? Who are you guys?!"

Alex stepped back. 'He... he didn't remember us. How could he not remember us!?' He thought.

"Alex, maybe he just—"

He walked out, cutting Nick off.

The others looked at him.

"He's alive..." Alex muttered.

The others were overjoyed. Until Bad noticed Alex wasn't.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked quietly.

Alex turned away. "He doesn't remember us."

"What?"

"I SAID HE DOESNT REMEMBER ME. HE DOESNT KNOW WHO I AM!" Alex snapped.

Bad flinched. He wasn't ready for that yell. But Karl couldn't remember? That's not good...

Bad stepped into the room. There had to be something the boy remembered...

"Darryl?"

Bad looked up. Karl knew him. Karl remembered him.

Maybe he just remembered his past...

+++++

GUYS PLZ DONT COME AT ME FOR THIS—

I'm sorry— I know it's short, but I couldn't leave you guys for too long—

Also, I've almost never posted a back to back update so I need applause.