Foreword

Before reading this book, PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE INFORMATION HERE - as it's kind of important

The original Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is a fantastic book. A lot of people struggle with the language if they are not used to handling old English, but if you view it as an extension of your vocabulary and take it slowly, you should be able to handle it.

Pride and Prejudice was originally written in 1813, and since it's so old it is in the public domain, meaning no one needs to ask permission before doing whatever they like with it. And that's essentially what I've done here - I took a PDF version of the book and copy pasted it into a document so I could turn it into a BTS version of the story. As such I can take almost no credit whatsoever for this, apart from the idea, and the effort it took to go through over 100k words and turn three female characters into male characters.

If you've read Pride and Prejudice before, here's who plays each character:

Elizabeth Bennet: Park Jimin

Mr Darcy: Min Yoongi

Jane Bennet: Kim Taehyung (called Park Taehyung in the story)

Mr Bingley: Jeon Jungkook

Mr Gardiner: Kim Namjoon

Mrs Gardiner: Kim Seokjin

Colonel Fitzwilliam: Jung Hoseok (I played with the idea of making him Mrs Bennet but eventually decided I couldn't do that to poor Hobi lol. He now plays a very minor character but at least he's a good person.)

Every other character is an original name. Well... there are some exceptions. Miss Bingley and Charlotte Lucas... you'll see.

I've made it into an exceedingly mild omegaverse AU - so instead of the difference in rank between men and women, it's between alphas and omegas instead. (Mainly because Jane and Elizabeth are now Taehyung and Jimin, and I had to make their "inferiority" make sense.)  There are no betas at all. Heat/rut is not mentioned. In fact the entire book is very G rated but still extremely romantic. (Which is the cool thing about Jane Austen - her characters can give you butterflies without even holding hands.)

Homophobia does not exist in this universe. But please also remember the original book was written in 1813, and their views on gender, rank and sexuality are vastly different to ours. They object to two people living together before marriage, whereas we would object to someone being coerced into a relationship of this kind when they are underage.

I could perhaps have added more to the book to comment on the situation but I wanted to leave it as unchanged as possible from the original.

The story is still set in old England - I considered moving the place names to Korean names but it wasn't going to work in the end, so I left it as is. Every character has a Korean name, and they also use Eomma and Appa (instead of mama and papa) but not hyung or unnie.

The ships this contains is yoonmin, taekook, and minor namjin. Hobi is vibing. There is no smut or violence, it's a bit angsty, and both yoonmin and taekook get a full description of their love story. Namjin is an established relationship and they have kids and they are iconic.

The humour is extremely sarcastic, to the point where a lot of people who have limited knowledge of this era do not realise that what they are reading is supposed to be a joke. Because of this, I would urge you to COMMENT AND CHECK IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT SURE OF. I would be more than happy to explain things to you that you're not quite understanding. Beware of Mr Park - Jimin and Tae's father. 90% of what he says is sarcastic, he is pretty funny.

That's all I have to say - thank you for your attention here, and I hope you enjoy the story.
- Jord