PJO

Credits: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRbBRMS9/

Nico said a slur
Disclaimer, there are no slurs in this
———
"WOAAAAAH! WOAH! Woah!" Hazel burst out, pausing all the noise and causing half the campers to look over to her.
"Nico!" She hissed, much quieter this time, as she tried to get the prying eyes to go back to what they had been doing.

"It's 2016. Not the 1930s, you can't just say that!" She yelled, louder, but not as loud as before.

"Yeah dude, that slur hasn't been reclaimed yet." Percy chimed in, pausing his sword for a moment to look over before returning to the sparring match with some new camper he'd managed to pick up.

".. The fuck are you talking about? I was using it as a slur." Nico said, looking around as people began pausing again, giving him 'looks'.

"Nico .." Hazel facepalmed, shaking her head in disappointment as she tried not to laugh.

Annabeth was snickering and both Percy and Leo were cackling. Swords long forgotten. The camper Percy had basically just abandoned still had their sword up, but was smiling as they listened in.

"What?" Nico, baffled, stood there confused.

"Nico .." Jason was standing off to the side, fingers digging into his eyes like a disappointed mother.
"Nico, Nico you cannot say slurs to people like that."

Nico just looked around at the kids in the fighting arena, still with this bewildered look on his face. "And why the hell can't I?"

That just made the others laugh even harder, Leo on the ground now, grabbing at Percy's leg who was doubled over using his knees as supports.

———
Crack fic 🫡