Prologue

AD:440 Britain

Pain.

Unimaginable pain.

Excruciating pain.

And then.

Nothing.

Nothing can truly prepare you for what it is like to die. Every soldier who steps onto a battlefield accepts that there is a chance that this might be your last. Yet lying here in this cold damp mud clutching at the stained red blade that had pierced your heart it finally dawned upon you. This was truly it.

"You were a noble king" spoke the knight whom you had once called 'friend' as he extracted his blade from your back.

"Your people will remember you as someone who gave everything for this kingdom" he paused as he seemed to struggle over his words as he spoke.

"I don't expect your forgiveness, and I know for certain this deed will surely send me to hell... But they have my son."

You thought back on the countless battles you had fought which had led to this moment. The memories you had made with your comrades and the people closest to you. Dying on the battlefield was a foregone conclusion for you, but at the hands of someone you had trusted for so many years. Why had the fates decided that this would be how your life would end?

As the world around you turned black you thought upon your life.

'Did I make you proud, father?'

'I'm sorry I won't make it back this time mother.'

While most people, particularly of this time period, would have felt a great sense of fulfillment and acuplishment at your deeds yet here you are left with distinct feeling of emptiness with thoughts swirling around your head of what could have been if you'd just been given a little more time.

This is how your legend ended. A king of Britain renowned for your ability to bring people together. Stories would be written across the ages of your heroic deeds in battle and how you would be one of the catalysts that would unit a fractured nation that had been abandoned by its Roman occupation.

With this you were accepted to a place upon the throne of heroes, as your soul was left for over a thousand years to rest until one day...

AD: 2016 Chaldea Summoning Room

A harsh blazing white light enveloped you. Bright blue mana poured out from the summoning device and slowly began to form the foundation of your body rebuilding you atom by atom.

As this process reached its conclusion you noticed two individuals Infront of you, one female with orange hair and a male with dark black hair. Both wearing a white uniform with black belts adorning the front and a logo of two diamonds on the the collar.

After taking a few seconds to inspect the individuals in front of you, you spoke.

"And so I ask of you? Are you my master?"