Chapter 5

“Holy cow!” Parker said as he and the other two hugged Ghoul. “You’re here!”

    “I am!” Ghoul said excitedly as he hugged back. “I really am! And so are you guys!”

    “We are!” Kai said. “I cannot believe it!”

    Jack turned to Kai. “Jet, do you think . . . ?” He nodded.

    “Jet?” Ghoul asked.

    “Oh, we had to change our names.” He replied. “I’m Jet-Star, Jack is Kobra Kid, and Parker is Party Poison.”

    “I had to change my name too!” Ghoul said. “I’m Fun Ghoul!”

    “That’s awesome!” Party said, grinning.

    Someone walked over to them. “I think I might be seeing a new killjoy group, am I not?”

    “You sure are, Pony!” Jet said excitedly. “This is Fun Ghoul!”

    “Hi!”

    “Hey kid.” Pony greeted him, then turned to see each of them. “You guys do have the proper qualities that a full killjoy group would need, as far as I’ve heard.”

    “What do you mean?” Party asked.

    Pony smiled as they looked at Party. “Each killjoy group needs a leader . . .” They turned to Kobra. “A warrior or fighter . . .” To Jet. “A medic . . .” Then to Ghoul. “And a mechanic.”

    Jet nodded, then said. “Makes sense. As we were talking before Ghoul got here, I am training to be a medic of sorts, Kobra had taken martial arts classes before the fires, and Party had always been the ring leader, and the ‘founder’ of the friend group at school. But Ghoul had always loved messing around with electronics, and had often helped his dad fix cars. It just carries on now we are killjoys.”

    “Awesome.” Pony said. “Now, last thing. What is your group’s name?”

    They grinned as they looked at each other. Party spoke up. “We are the Fabulous Four!”