Chapter 12

"Again!" The director demanded of Aubrey and Richie as they stood up on the stage after finishing one of the bigger scenes that they had together.

Aubrey nodded as she fought to catch her breath after singing for four minutes straight. She glanced over at Richie who just patted her back supportively before getting into his place for the top of the song.

This would be the third time that they had run the song and Aubrey was losing her mind. If she had to sing about a made up phantom one more time after this, she might just scream and/or cry about it.

As she made her way to get back into her place her eyes glanced up towards the back of the theatre. Siting in the far left seat was a man staring back at her while wearing a floral shirt.

Aubrey shifted uncomfortably before getting back into character before her director yelled at her to do so. She pushed past the uncomfortable feeling and hunch that he was one of Silver's lackeys and assumed that he was just a friend of the director.

Richie noticed her shift in mood but pushed past it to also avoid getting yelled at. He knew what brought on the change in mood. He saw the man as well and wondered what the hell he was doing here.

Finally, after running the song for the fifth time, Aubrey was finally able to leave. She first got called back to the dressing rooms to try on one of the costumes. Just putting it on made her smile. It was the final costume she got to wear.

It was all white with lace covering the top of it. The dress had long sleeves that were covered in small lace plant designs. Her favorite part was the cap sleeves that went over the sheer long sleeves.

Aubrey stared at herself in the mirror with a small smile on her face. For the first time in a while she felt pretty. She felt elegant in the dress. Like she was royalty or someone of high class. The last time she felt like this, it was prom but that had ended horribly for her so hopefully this dress and the performance would end better.

Eventually she had to change back into her regular clothes and her day dreams disappeared. Aubrey pulled one of her old Colorado hoodies over her shirt before she walked out of the dressing room, only to be met with Richie waiting right outside.

"Creep." Aubrey joked with a light smile as she grabbed her bag that he was holding for her.

Richie rolled his eyes at her response before he grabbed her arm, stopping her from exiting the theatre, "The dude is waiting out in the hall."

Aubrey sighed and lifted her bag higher up on her shoulder, "Did he say anything to you?"

She was started to get a little worried about who and why the man was still waiting in the theatre. Silver wouldn't send someone to attack a teenager, would he?

Richie shook his head, "Just stood there." he replied, "Maybe we should leave a different way."

"No." Was all Aubrey said before she pushed open the door and stepped out into the hallway, standing in front of the man, "Who the hell are you?"

The man smiled a little at the girls response to him, "Aubrey Mills?" He asked, instead of answering her question.

"Yeah? And I'm going to ask again, who the hell are you?" Aubrey was getting tired of the man playing games. Her hunch that he was working for Silver was getting stronger. The part that worried her was that she had no connection to karate at all, besides who she was friends with, so why would the man go after her?

"Chozen Toguchi." Chozen pointed to himself, finally giving Aubrey the answer that she wanted. "Nice to meet you Aubrey, I've heard a lot about you from Johnny Lawrence."