Chapter 11: The Marchioness of Pembroke Territory

Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell didn't come to start a family or even create a dynasty with three different men it was not her intention of doing so, as she was sent to Star  Base 12 to start a new life from Post War Three Planet Earth that was left in shambles, faced with many troubles including famine, pestilence, infertility caused to the long terms of radiation sickness that were left after the nuclear war of World War III that began in 2126 and didn't end until 2153 and only after a grand total of over sixty million people had lost their lives.

When she arrives she had no idea what was waiting for her as she was escorted out of the shuttle craft by Lt Kevin Thomas Riley and standing there to greet the new arrivals were the descendants of Lord John Howard 1st Duke of Norfolk.

Waiting to greet the new arrivals were Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR and his youngest son, Lord Andrew Charles and his first cousin twice removed, Lord Richard William Carey and both were only 23 years old and unmarried and searching for their bride.

Both had decided that they didn't want to marry an aristocrat and neither like the women on Star Base 12 and found them silly, frivolous, and they just liked to dress up in their fancy dresses and bat their eye lashes.

Lord Andrew Charles Howard grew tired of them as did his second cousin, Lord Richard William Carey and both wanted the same young man as they watched Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley escort her out of the shuttle-craft and thus a rival started between the two second cousins for the affection of Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell.

Karissa later admits to her good friend Katherine  " If I had my way I would have married Lord Richard William Carey, but if I really had my way I would have married Kevin Thomas Riley, but he wasn't ready to marry." 

Katherine tells Karissa " Neither of us were born int the aristocracy Karissa."  

"I don't plan to become a runny stuffy nose aristocrat with a golden spoon stuck up my rear-end and neither will my children." Karissa tells Katherine.

Karissa had no trouble with any of children but one and that was her first born daughter, Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard who was given the name as "Little Miss Haughty."  by her mother. 

Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann  Beltane had been  born to become the 1st Duchess of Norfolk Territory since it began in 2164.  

Karissa had the job to bring her up Lady Elizabeth to realize that one day she would govern Norfolk Estate and usher into the dawn of a new age where equality was meant not only for  men but for women as well. 

Lady Karissa had to do raise all of her seven children by herself and without the help of Lord Andrew Charles .

So, she set out to raise her children with values, morals, and how to respect people and to treat them fairly and she home-schooled them until they were the age of 13 years old.

Lady Karissa's marriage to Lord Andrew Charles Howard was one of convenience and it  was not one of love, but she soon found love with Lord Richard William Carey although he was the Duke of Bedford Territory was born int a good gentry family that began with Lord John of Gaunt and hi his grandson, Lord Edmund Beaufort and his granddaughter, Lady Margaret.

The Carey's dating back to the time of King Richard II were only from a good gentry family .  Lord Richard William Carey loved the countryside of Bedford Territory as his grandfather and great-grandfather before him.

Grant it, Bedford Castle was grand, but it had been in the Carey family since 2165 and it is where all the Dukes of Bedford Territory lived, but much of Lord Richard William Carey's time was spent out at Beltane Manor with Lady Karissa and his third cousins, Lady Elizabeth, Lady Samhain, Lord Anthony  Christopher, Lord Albert Edward, Lady Sophia Dorothea and Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann as well as his two children with Lady Karissa, Lady Caroline Matilda and Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey.

Also in the nursery was Lady Anastasia Christina  Lord Andrew Charles daughter with Lady Theresa Charlotte Hardwick as Lady Karissa didn't want any of the children separated from each other. 

One by one all of her children married and made happy marriages unlike her marriage with their father that lasted a good 24 years and finally she divorced Lord Andrew Charles and Lord Richard William Carey and Lady Karissa were married in 2300 along with Lord Anthony Christopher and Lady Alexandrina Charlene Stuart and Lady Caroline Matilda and Lord Kevin Thomas Riley II .

It was her two oldest daughters that helped her mother prepare for her wedding day with Lord Richard William Carey, Duke of Bedford Territory and Lady Elizabeth tells her mother "I don't know why you did not divorce him before this." 

"Lady Elizabeth. It is  a long story and It is over with and done with " Lady Karissa explains.

"I am sure glad that Lord Richard Edward III and  I aren't like our fathers." Lady Elizabeth tells her mother.

"Lord Richard Edward Howard III knows I will take a base ball bat to his thick skull and I will knock some damn sense into his head." Lady Elizabeth tells her mother.

Lady Karissa looks at her eldest daughter " I had more devious plots for  your father."  Lady Karissa admits "But I never carried through them." 

It is Lord Albert Edward Howard who walks his mother up the aisle to marry his third cousin, Lord Richard William Carey   in June of 2300 and Lord Richard William Carey with his two musketeers stand by his side, Lord Thomas William Howard and Lord Frederick William Howard III.

In the garden sits Lord Charles Andrew Howard III, Lord Patrick William Howard and their children and wives and Lord Charles Andrew Howard III watches his five year  old daughter, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann walk up the aisle as the flower-girl. 

Lord Charles Andrew Howard III smiles at their daughter and he wonders if he will live to see his daughter grow up but he entrusts her care to his second cousin and her two oldest brothers, Lord Anthony Christopher Howard and Lord Charles Andrew Howard IV.

Finally after waiting for 24 years Lord Richard William Carey and Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard nee Lowell are married and become husband and wife and they spend the next 30 years of their lives together.

They watch their children grow up and marry and give them grandchildren and between Lady Caroline Matilda and Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey they are blessed with a total of six grandchildren, 3 grandsons and 3 granddaughters.