✯✯✯

aphrodite's interruption

tom riddle fanfiction

By Ivana Reader

Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The Prophecy

As Darkness Took The Reins Of Magic and humanity succumbed to ashes,

A deadly weapon with indestructible power, and cursed with gruesome burdens, shall be born.

Games of life and death will be diced, deafening the cries of the heart- vengeance of nature would lead to carnage- a blow that would pierce the broken hearts.

The supreme would fall to their knees; some torn apart, others defeated and the last, whose fate was the most vicious,  stolen of the one and the only thing that mattered.

   The cruelty looming over the wizardry world would only come to an end when Aphrodite’s haunting sorcery plays malignant tricks upon the misfortuned. 

°°°

"So, tell me, didn't this little piece of information steal your worries about our sketch?" he leaned in and whispered in her ear, taking satisfaction in the way her cheeks glowed crimson and she let out a restrained sigh. The feel of his hands was a drug to her, the more she got it, the more difficult it was to not crave it. It brought euphoria, it used her femininity, and it brought out her weaknesses. Every single detail of him brought her something incoherent, and yet addicting, some kind of warmth that wasn't just the degree of temperature. And it brought her a feel of something that she desperately craved, but that something was just beyond the lust and passions of mortals.

It was the feeling of being home, she realised with a start. What was happening? she internally screamed, before forcing her senses to come to work, before shutting off her stupid heart.

With an impassive face, she told him in a tone with as much impoliteness as she could muster, "Why do you think I asked you to help me with this when I even can talk to snakes? Because I do not trust you to do something else. In this way, I can keep an eye on you. And now, too, I do not trust you enough to put this important piece of plot in your hands-"

She was cut off as Riddle placed his finger on her lips, silencing her. But her mind was noisy, it was fused as emotions ran helter-skelter, spirals of chemicals swirled through her head. Her heart pounded, uncharacteristically loud and fast. His touch obliterated all thoughts from her head, all she could focus on was the elegant finger pressed against her soft lips. His finger alone seemed to be so capable of making her feel to such an extent; heat radiated off her cheeks as she felt the warmth of the contact pass tingles through her spine.

Her cackling magic danced with his dangerous sorcery, both mingling and intertwining together like lovers. They rhythmically matched each other as they became one, uncaring about the chaos raging around.

"Shh," he growled lowly as he came closer to her ear, "Do not test my patience."

~~~

      A scream of frustration tore through Eva’s throat as in the midst of darkness spread a hue of blue.  The radiance magnified,  and it was seconds until it chased away the darkness. 

“How dare you!?” demanded Eva,  her voice sizzling with hot flames.  Her anger-filled irises stared at him,  hoping to vanish the trace of him, if possible. Curls of darkness fell on her sun-kissed face,  her usually calm features twisting themselves in a devilish combination as empathy disappeared out of her orbs,  replaced with something that could only be identified as rage. Pure,  terrific rage. 

Crystals of ice came out of thin air and floated in the air, and as Eva moved her palms in a fluid motion,  navigated throughout.  She snapped her fingers,  and those crystals loomed right at Riddle, breaking through his shields with ease.

At that moment, as Tom Riddle witnessed his magic's terrifying futility against her did he truly know what fear tasted like.