ミ★ 1 ★彡

(Name) let out a small sigh of relief as he let his arm rest to the side, watching as his opponent clenched his fist and declared (Name) the winner. A huff left his nose and with a quick pivot, he was making his way out of the arena and up to the stands where every other wannabe Duel Academia student was currently. He plopped himself down on one of the hard plastic chairs and directed his gaze back to the arena to check out the last duel that seemed to be going on. It was about time to finish all of this up; they'd all been there for hours at most. "Wow you did a really good job down there.." (Name) glanced up at the person he assumed was talking to him, Exam #119 Sho Marufuji, (Name) watched his duel a few hours ago. Not the most impressive duel ever but he did win, (Name) had to at least give him some credit.

"Thanks, you didn't do too bad yourself." He gave the smallest nod of his head before turning his back to watch the rest of the duel, it was going in the examinees' favor without a doubt. (Name) leaned over and rested his elbows on his knees as he raised his held hands to his mouth, he promptly ignored the shout of a boy behind him as his brows creased. "Ring of destruction? Not bad.." He sat back up and listened to the conversation happening behind him. "Number 110? But the duels for the hundreds already finished in the first heat." (Name) hooked his arm around the chair he sat in and turned to look at the two boys behind him, "You better hope they let you duel." Sho was already sweating up a storm at (Name)'s words, he was right, what if they didn't let this kid duel? He would've come here for nothing.

(Name) looked back as Exam #1 walked up and stood beside him, Daichi Misawa was his name if (Name) remembered correctly. "Nice combo at the end Misawa.." "Yeah, you were great!" (Name) almost scoffed at being cut off by the guy who'd been talking to Sho. Misawa remained quiet for a few seconds as he removed his duel disk, he sat down with a soft, "Yeah, I suppose." "Hell! I'd say you're good enough to be #2 among this year's examinees." The look of surprise that appeared on three of four faces would've been laughable to anyone who might've looked.

Before a word could leave (Name)'s mouth the intercom made a loud screech before a woman spoke softly, "Exam #110, Judai Yuki" A look of acknowledgment became apparent on the unknown boy's face as he stepped back and stood at full height, he wasn't that tall honestly, maybe a bit (taller/shorter) than (Name) but not by too much. "All right! It's my turn!" He spoke those few words and immediately went to leave though not without Misawa stopping him to say, "You..." Judai paused and looked at Misawa with a confused and almost annoyed look as if talking to someone was ruining his life. "Why do you think I'm #2?" Judai immediately went back to happy and smiley as he pointed to himself and confidently replied, "Because I'm #1." He flashed one more grin before continuing down the stairs, (Name) was bewildered. How does one guy have so much confidence in himself?

Sho leaned against the railing watching in what seemed like admiration as Judai walked away, "His written exam score was only nine spots above my own..how can he be so...so confident?" "That's what I'm wondering.." (Name) let out an annoyed-sounding huff from his nose and watched Judai leave, time to see if this guy was as good as he makes himself out to be. Sho let out a sigh and practically deflated after (Name) finished his thought. "I'm so jealous..." he said in a soft-spoken manner which earned the lightest of laughs from (Name).

— — — — —

"I have no idea what's going on.." Sho muttered hoping (Name) or Misawa would fill him in on whatever the hell happened for Cronos to get two monsters without summoning. "Statue of the Wicked is a special kind of trap, after it's destroyed it produces tokens. In order to use that effect, Instructor Cronos destroyed his own Statues of the Wicked." Sho with his mouth dropped wide open let out a soft 'wow', this kid hasn't seen a good duel before and it showed. (Name) smiled at the awe that Sho displayed and turned his head back to the field just as Cronos was tributing his Wicked Tokens, (Name) glared down at the field he was already suspicious about Cronos wanting to duel Judai himself and watching further the deck he was using wasn't one of the exam decks, it was his own. "Is he about to summon.." (Name) bit his lip for a moment and leaned back. "Of course, someone like him has such a basic deck.."