Chapter 11 - Samantha

Two days

Two days.

I have not left my room in two days. When I came back home Dad was there with a bottle in his hands. He didn't like the fact that when he came home I wasnt already there.

I cried and told him that I was at the diner working my shift while he whipped me with his belt but I guess it still wasn't a good reason for him.

He was so irritated by my screams that he broke the bottle and sliced my right arm. The moment he saw the blood oozing out I saw a little regret shadow his eyes but it disappeared within seconds and he was out of the house.

Now I am lying on the bed sideways coz my back hurts, my arm hurts.

Numb.

I feel numb as I lay on my bed with unshed tears. I don't know what I did that dad hates me so much. I know he is just going through a tough phase and he only has me.

He haven't come back yet after that night I don't know where he is. I try to get up and walk towards the bathroom just to stumble and fall. I take two painkillers from the cabinet and look at myself in the mirror.

No matter how much I look, I can't see the little happy girl. I wipe of the dried blood with a soaked towel. After applying some ointment so that the cuts won't get infected I wrap a bandage around my arm.

Putting on a light blue hoodie and pants I hope that today will be a better day.

-----------------

I walk through the hallways slowly because it hurts. I am suddenly engulfed by someone and I was so out of it that I started shivering and sobbing and mumbling 'Sorry' over and over. I don't want to get hurt more. It pains so much.

No. No. Please.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. Sam it's okay."
The voice sounds familiar. Still sobbing slightly I look up to see a pair of worried ocean eyes and it calms me.

I am so tired that I just rest my head on Aiden's chest and he pulls me a little more closer. He is warm.

I can smell a strong musky scent, I tilt my head to see Elijah standing right beside Aiden and looking at me worried. It's been so long I have seen such emotion towards me. I try giving him a small smile but it comes out as a pained expression as my wound hurt when Aiden pulled me tight against him.

"Are you okay Sam? Where were you? We were so worried! We couldn't call you and when we drove through your place your lights were off, we thought you went somewhere. Are you okay?" Aiden rambles.

"I am okay, Aiden. Just a cold."

Before he could respond I hear Elijah say "Blood".

Confused as to what he meant I look towards him and see that his eyes are trained on my right arm.

Shit. Shit shit shit.

I jerk back from Aiden and slightly hold my arm just to feel the wetness of the blood. I look at them scared but they are too focused on the blood patch.

"Sam! Are you okay? Please tell us what happened?" Aiden asks me with a slightly panicked voice.

"Let's get her to Sophie first." Elijah says and gently hold my hand.

"N-no it's okay. I-I just fell and there was something sharp on the ground so it just cut through my skin. I-Its okay."

I hear both of them suck in a breath.

"Sam it's bleeding. We need to treat it now." Elijah said looking at me worried.

"Please Sam, come on." Aiden says.

He gently grabs my shoulders and push us through the crowd towards the nurses room.

Sophie is quickly by my side. She looks at me asking if she could roll up my sleeves. I give her a small nod. She gently rolls up my sleeve and removes the old bandage while Aiden fills her in with the lie I said. She looks at the cut and I hear a pained voice from behind. She looks at me as if she can see right through my lie. I look down not wanting her to know that what she is thinking is right.

I flinch slightly when Sophie applies something over the wound. I feel a hand gently patting my head I look up to see Elijah while Aiden stands behind me. I find myself leaning towards him as he draws small circles on my other arm.

I feel sleepy. It will be okay right? Just a small nap and Aiden is so warm.

The last thing I heard before sleep overcame me was Elijahs whisper,

"Rest a little kitten."

__________________

Woahh 11 chapters donee 😤

Which is your favourite colour?

Mine is Lilac ♥️

Toodles! Until next time!