010

Athena

As soon has my friends entered the apartament, I could feel grumpy tense. I looked at him, with narrowed eyes. The past few days he was acting so good, nothing agressive. Maybe he hates people.

"Hey! We missed you so much". Paige exclaimed, while taking her jacket off, and putting it in the sofa.

"I missed you too"I said.

Suddenly something came running a full speed towards me. At first I didn't know what was, but then I realized who it was. The dog of James.

His name is Shadow. And, he is adorable, with his all white belly, and the upper part of a brown color. A Shiba Inu.

I take Shadow, and hug him in my arms. He starts licking my face with his wet tongue. I start to giggle.

But in a second, the three of us hear a growl so deep, that it scared us in some way.

Wait! That can't be grumpy, right?

He is always so quiet and calm that I'm surprised the noise is coming from him. I look at him, and I found he is already looking at me with so much betray, and when he moves his head towards Shadow, his face changes completely to hate. I don't know why but I feel so bad, that I start to lower the dog to the ground.

In a moment, he moves his body towards mine, in a possesive way, that disarms me. Growling at the other dog, like he is about to attack him any moment. To calm him down, I kneel down and put my hands around his head and neck, and start rubbing it. He turns his whole body to look at me, and puts his head between my neck and shoulder and start licking it. Little chills enter my body.

"Wow, I don't have any comments for that". James says, with a look of surprise in his face.

"I feel the same way. What was that?". Now Paige asks me. I shrug my shoulders, not knowing an especific answer.

"I really don't know. From the first day, he has always been like this. This possessive and protective, I mean"

Before they can say anything else, we hear another growl from grumpy. We all turn owr heads towards him, and see he is looking directly at shadow, who apparently started to move towards grumpy and I.

I give James a look, and from the look on his face, I can tell he understood it perfectly, because in a second he is grabbing Shadow by his collar. But Grumpy doesn't stop, because he continuous to growl at him. Shadow isn't willing to lose -because it seems that this has turned into a fight-, and begins to make a lot of strength to be able to get rid of James grip.

Shadow gets out of his grasp, and starts running towards Grumpy, at full speed. At the same time, Grumpy gets away from me, and starts running towards the kitchen. Both of them are barking and growling, and I'm scared that one of them can end up hurt.

When we arrive at the kitchen, the image I see makes me squeal in fright. There is
Shadow, with his teeth biting Grumpy on the shoulder. Grumpy hears me, and tries to move to me. To arrive at me. To protect me. But the bit he has seems very painful, because the moment he moves his shoulder, he lets out the most horrifying whine. I start to move my body towards him, to help him. But James puts a hand in my shoulder to stop me, and shakes his head, like saying that's a bad idea.

I don't care. He is hurt.

Shadow tries again, to bit his leg, but now Grumpy -who has stopped looking at me-, bit his leg, not with his full force, but still.

Grumpy, still sore; comes to me, almost running -the fastest he can go-, and puts his head in my stomach, I don't take long to pass my hand all over his body, to calm him down. When he moves his head to look at me, I see that his eyes are a bright honey. Not again. I still don't know if this is normal to happen, but now I have priorities. And I need to get him out of here, I don't want them to ask me about his eyes.

"Hey! I'm talking to you, why did you do that?". James is scolding him. I understand him, I will do the same with Grumpy, even if he didn't attack first. Shadow, is looking at the floor, with his tail in between his paws. I hear Grumpy make a sound of mockery, and I touch his cheek, to gain his attention, and I give him a disapproval look. He also looks at the floor ashamed.

And that's where I smile to myself. I didn't know I had so much control over him.

"I'm going with Grumpy towards the bathroom, to clean his wound. James you can go when I finish with him. I would tell you to go to another bathroom but I don't have"

James understunding my joke, smiles at me.

"No problem, take your time"

I smile at the both of them in gratitude. Paige couldn't do anything, because she was very scared, you could see it in her face.

I grabed Grumpy by his paws and stomach and moved towards the bathroom. On the way to the bathroon, he started licking my arms.

I enjoy the moment, forgetting about the problems and everything else.

Just he and I.

***

Hey!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, because this was a long one. The longest I've written so far. I must say I'm proud of the result.

Hope you like it, though.

Remember to vote and comment.

Bye!