You are my home for all my seasons-part 2 🫢

Enid woke up with no weight on top of her. She looked down to see no Wednesday, not on her, the bed or in the room. Enid got up and rubbed her eyes. She slowly walked down the stairs, the smell of pancakes filling her nose. Enid smiled when she saw Wednesday with her back to her, putting a pancake on a plate. "Pugsley, how much do you want?"
"Two please!" Pugsley replied. Wednesday placed two on a plate and placed it on the counter for Pugsley to take himself.

Enid walked over to Wednesday. "Good morning, Wends." Enid said, hugging her from behind. Her arms wrapped around Wednesdays waist, resting her head on one of Wednesdays shoulders.

"Do you want help?" Enid asked. Wednesday shook her head. "Morning to you too, Enid." Wednesday said in reply to her previous greeting. "Mother, how much would you like?"
"One would be enough, honey." Morticia replied.

Enid smiled. "Here, ill do-" Wednesday stopped her. "No. Stay with me, ill do everything." Enid smiled and nodded into Wednesdays shoulder.

After everyone else was served she finally made herself some. "Come, sit." Wednesday said, getting out of Enids hug and placing both Enids and her own plate on the table. The rest of the family was done, so it was only the two at the table. "You take the first bite. I want to see your reaction." Wednesday said. Enid raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "Did you poison it or something?" Enid asked jokingly. Wednesday rolled her eyes. She took the fork and knife out of Enids hands and cut a piece out of the pancake.

"Open your mouth." Enid complied, taking the piece into her mouth, her eyebrows raised. "Its really nice, Wednesday!" Enid said surprised. Wednesday took a bite for herself. She nodded proudly.

"Even thought i despise sweetness, its tolerable." Wednesday said. Enid smiled. She kissed Wednesdays forehead. "Your reward on making everyone breakfast." Enid said smiling. Wednesdays face slightly turned pink. "Finish eating your food." Wednesday said as a cover up. Enid laughed as she took another bite out of the pancake.

After they both finished, Enid washed the dishes , which Wednesday tried to stop her but didnt work, and now they're upstairs in Wednesdays room.

"Writing time for an hour, cello for an hour, then we can go out somewhere. Sound like a plan?" Wednesday asked as she set up her typewriter.

"Did you just ask me out on a date?!" Enid asked excitedly.

"...i believe so." Wednesday hesitated.

"Yes! But where are we going?" Enid asked curiously.

"You can find out when the time comes. Now, let me get to writing." Wednesday said. The sounds of 'clicks' and 'clacks' filled both their ears as Wednesday started typing. Enid sat on Wednesdays bed. She checked her phone- no new messages. Everyone she knew was either on holiday or spending quality time with family.

"Hey, Wednesday?"

Wednesday hums.

"Does your brother play any games?"

"I believe he plays a video game called 'Call Of Duty.' Are you interested in playing with him?"

Enid nodded with a grin plastered on her face. "Do you need to be guided to his room?" Enid thought for a moment. "Yeah, i dont know where most things are in this mansion" Enid said, chuckling nervously.

Wednesday got up. "I would tell thing to escort you, but i need thing to make sure no one comes in my room." She turned towards thing who was sitting on the desk, swinging his index and ring fingers. "You're capable of doing such a simple task, correct? Thing gave a thumbs up.

"Follow me, Sinclair." Wednesday said as she opened the door. She waited for Enid to get out before shutting it behind her. "Pugsley is very fond of playing this game, so if he starts shouting and throwing knives, dont be afraid. He knows what would happen if he hurt you." Wednesday said.