"Chapter «4»: Slytherin vs. Ravenclaw"

Dream paces back and forth in the locker room. His stomach is filled with nervous butterflies, fluttering around and making it hard to focus. Today is his first ever Quidditch game, against Ravenclaw, and he feels like throwing up. Gods, what was he thinking, trying out for Seeker? He can’t do this.

Someone grabs his shoulder, and he whirls around to face Purpled. The third year is dressed neatly in his Quidditch robes, his Nimbus 2001 clutched tightly in his hand.

“Hey, bro, you okay?” Purpled asks, eyebrows furrowing in concern.

Dream takes a deep breath, trying unsuccessfully to calm his nerves. “Y-yeah, I’m fine.” When Purpled looks skeptical, he adds, “Just a little nervous, that’s all.”

Purpled’s expression softens. “You’ll do great, Dream,” he says encouragingly. “I’ve watched you during practice, and you’re the best Seeker I’ve ever seen- maybe even better than Sparklez. So don’t doubt yourself, ‘kay?”

“Okay,” Dream replies, feeling a little better. He takes another deep breath and straightens his back. “I can do this.”

“That’s the spirit,” Purpled cheers.

Smiling, Dream walks over to the wall and grabs his broom, a Firebolt gifted to him by Captain Puffy. She’d given it to him during a practice, saying that he was extremely talented and deserved a better broom than the Shooting Star. He clutches it to his chest now, running his finger over the tip.

Just then, Skeppy emerges from the changing room, wearing his robes. “Has the game started yet?”

“In 5 minutes,” Punz replies. “Enough time to talk. Does everyone remember the strategy?”

There’s a chorus of yeses. “Good,” Punz says. “This is Fruit, so you gotta be extra careful, Pete.”

“I will,” Pete says. “They won’t get pass me.”

“That’s what I like to hear. Purpled, Kara, do what you always do. Same for you two, Skeppy and Tapl.”

Purpled salutes, and the other 3 nod confidently.

“As for you, Dream, your priority should obviously be the Snitch. Be careful not to get knocked out, though. We can’t afford to lose you.”

Dream nods shakily. “I’ll do my best.”

“You will,” Punz says firmly. “We’re going to kick Ravenclaw’s butt, understand?”

Everyone cheers, and Dream smiles, feeling more confident. Punz has a knack for motivational speeches, which is probably why he’s the team captain.

“Alright. Let’s go, team.” Punz hoists his broom over his shoulder and marches out of the locker room. Dream and his teammates follow, out the door and onto the field. His eyes immediately stray to the stands, where he can spot Sapnap, Quackity, and Karl, decked out in both Slytherin and Ravenclaw colors. Looking over to the other side of the field, he locks eyes with George and smirks, which turns into a grin when the brunette sticks out his tongue.

Punz and Fruit, the Ravenclaw team captain, meet in the middle of the field and shake hands. Coach Smajor, the flying teacher and referee, calls for everyone to mount their brooms. Dream swings his legs over his Firebolt and grips the handle tightly, bending his knees in preparation to take off.

Coach Smajor releases the Bludgers and the Snitch first. Dream manages to catch a glimpse of the tiny golden ball before it zooms into the sky and out of sight. Across from him, a tall guy with long pink hair also appears to be following the Snitch’s trail. Probably the Seeker, then.