1

Amber sat down in her room on the couch, Tara beside her. The couch was quite small, one person could lay down on it, but they'd have to curl up a bit if they didn't want to have their legs hanging off the arm rests.

They were both sitting pretty close together, watching the Babadook, as it was one of Tara's all time favourites, and it was worth it just to see her eyes brighten at her favourite scenes.

They were both pretty close, being introduced by Mindy, forming the group they were now part of — Mindy, Amber, Tara, Liv and Chad — and Amber was pretty happy with it. She had her little relationships with everyone, she was closest with Mindy, she threw an annual party for Liv's birthday because her parents don't, and she and Chad would throw footballs around, as Amber was the only one who was willing to throw the ball with him.

Mindy had come over, but had left to grab snacks (and probably a bong) for the girls, all deciding to have a sleepover. Although, now Amber was wondering how the three of them were meant to sleep. She wanted them to both be comfortable, so they'd probably share the bed while Amber would make herself comfortable on the couch.

Suddenly her phone buzzed, and Amber flipped it up. It was a text from Mindy. She unlocked her phone.

Mindy

Oi I'm stuck in traffic, some idiots crashed while i was in the store

Amber sighed, putting her phone down. She looked at Tara who must've been really tired, because her eyes were droopy.

Amber

The front doors unlocked. I think Tara might pass out before you get back

Amber put the phone on do not disturb, deciding Mindy could get home by herself. She settled down to watch the movie, knowing that she could use it as a conversation starter with Amber.

As Amber continued watching the movie, she suddenly felt a weight on her shoulder. Tara was laying with her legs on the armchair on the side of the couch she had just been sitting on.

Amber froze for a second, before she kicked her legs up underneath Tara, letting the sleepier brunette lay down comfortably on top of Amber.

Still a bit startled, Amber began playing with Tara's hair, hoping it wasn't making her uncomfortable but rather sleepier. "Mindy's stuck in traffic, so if you want, you can sleep in my bed."

Amber, despite Tara facing the other way, noticed a red tint on her cheeks that she decided was a hallucination. "I'm pretty comfortable here." Tara told her.

Amber felt so content on the couch, she grabbed a blanket off her bed (with great difficulty) and a pillow off the floor that was barely within arms reach. She gently leaned forward, putting the pillow behind her and allowing the blanket to drape over Tara.

Amber couldn't figure our where to put her arms. She tried crossing her arms but there wasn't enough space between her head and Tara's. She tried letting one go up thr couch and the other hang off but that was in no way comfortable.

Instead, she decided to let her arms wrap around Tara, the brunette digginf her nose beneath Amber's arm. She felt so content, she couldn't describe if. She felt so happy, so content, so overjoyed.

She felt comfortable.

Those words were unfamiliar, and she whispered the word, which left a weird taste on her tongue. Comfortable wasn't something Amber Freeman felt.

Not in a million years. The last time she felt comfortable was when she was playing with her golden retriever, and even then the memory was foggy. But now, with Tara so peacful, so relaxed in Ambers space.

The shorter brunette was fast asleep now, her hands curled up next to her hand, her pinky lightly brushing Amber's thumb. Never did Amber think that she'd be in this position.

With Tara fucking Carpenter sound asleep on top of her, so peacful and comforting.

Amber didn't feel tired though. She just wanted to be conscious enough to bask in the moment, to enjoy herself while it lasted. Because she knew, eventually, Tara would go home as if nothing had happened.