5

They were watching the first conjuring movie, and were watching the final action part. The part where Ed has to exorcize a demon without any help from professionals.

Tara sat in between her two friends with wide eyes as she smiled, while Mindy sat with her feet up on the coffee table, still eating pizza, and Amber? She was shitting herself beside Tara, though she'd never admit it.

Amber leaned back at a jumpscare. "Fuck!"

Tara laughed at her taller friend. "Scared, Freeman?"

Amber glared at her. "Of course not. Shut up, Carpenter."

"You definitely are."

"What's your proof?"

"You jumped up a meter off the couch."

"You're delusional."

Tara sighed, before putting her legs up over Amber's lap. "You're a horrible liar."

Amber stared starstruck at the random act, and Mindy just burst out laughing. "Jeez, the sexual tension in here is suffocating."

"What the hell?"

"Jesus, Mindy." Amber sighed.

"What? If anyone else was here, they'd be thinking the same thing." Mindy defended, while Amber rolled her eyes at her.

Then Tara and Amber looked at eachother. Tara put her legs back down and scooched away from Amber, which disappointed the taller brunette.

It disappointed Tara too.

Amber sighed. "I'm going to take a breather."

Tara watched as her friend walked away, and Mindy did too, but Tara had a much more somber hint, before she got up and caught up to Amber, who was in the kitchen, pouring herself a glass of water.

Tara sat up on the counter, switching the usual roles of Tara cooking and Amber watching. Tara cleared her throat, still embarrassed by Mindy's earlier joke.

Amber leant against the fridge, cup in hand as she connected the cup to her lips. Swallowing hard, she stared back at Tara through big, rounded brown eyes. "That was mildly uncomfortable."

Tara scoffed. "Mildly is an understatement." She hopped off the counter, before Mindy's voice called out from the living room, telling them she was gonna go over to her house for the night.

"Yeah well Mindy had zero filter. I had banter with Liv and she asked to officiate our wedding." Amber laughed, before her smile faded. "Oh shit, why didn't I invite Liv?"

"Just invite her tommorow when Mindy comes back." Tara told her. "Otherwisr we'd basucally be replacing Mindy and its been a while since we had a sleepover with just us."

Amber clicked her tongue a bit, before smiling. "Thats true." She agreed, making her way up to Tara, only a few inches away from her. "But how will we pass the time?" She asked raising an eyebrow at the girl, and a smile erupted on Tara's face.

"Hello, is this Wes Hicks?" Tara asked, trying her best to make her voice deeper, although failing miserably. "This is Deputy Clay from the station, I'm afraid you have been suspected of tax fraud and will have to pay a fine of $200." There was a brief pause as Wes spoke, and Amber leaned forward, smiling as she tried to understand what was going on. "Yes, your mother has been notified and she agrees with the punishment and says that you should have enough money to pay it. Is that correct?" The briefest of pauses. "Okay, good. Here's the account that it needs to be transferred into." After giving the info to Wes, Tara's phone buzzed on the bed, confirming the transaction was complete. "Thank you. You should expect a call soon confirming that we have received the money. Good afternoon."

Amber giggled, and Tara passed Amber's phone to her.

"You were right. Prank calling people is fun." Tara giggled, transferring $100 to Amber.

Amber laughed along with her kindly. "Yeah, but I don't know if I would've gone for the Sheriff's son." Amber replied, which made Tara laugh harder. "You are crazy, you know that?"

Tara rolled her eyes at her. "I'm crazier than you think, Freeman."