'Tis Why?

[ A/N: I think Annita should be portrayed by Millie Bobby Brown in Enola Holmes. Idk what do you think? 😁 ]

THIRD PERSON POV:

Mother woke up the sleeping twins on their beds. One bed, held the sleeping Soria. The other held a pillow, that covered for Annita as Annita walked outside in the forest.

"Annita dear," Mother said, she Shaked the bed slightly and removed the covers. She grumbled as she saw the empty bed.

"Let me guess, she's gone?" Soria said with her eyes closed.

"Yes, she'll come back either way." Mother said before walking up to Soria.

"Wake now, my darling." Mother scrunched her nose and smiled at the sleeping girl who couldn't see the wide grin on Mother's face.

Mother walked to the kitchen and started cooking waffles.

Meanwhile,
Annita was wandering around the forest outside the small cottage. She was smiling and twirling her dress.

She sang a small song and a cute deer came up to her.
"Why, good morning!" Annita smiled as she pet the deer.

"Annita!" Mother shouted through the window.

"Coming Mother!" Annita shouted back.

Her bow in her hair got caught in a small flower on a tree branch.
"Pardon me" Annita said to the flower as she waved her hand and the flower released the bow.

Annita had a basket wrapped in her arm, a few eggs were inside.

She opened the door that led inside the cottage.
"Why, good morning Mother!" Annita greeted as she put the basket down.

"Good Morning my dear Annita. Thank you for the eggs." Mother turned to face Annita.

"I smell waffles! What is the occasion?" Soria said as she walked out the bedroom.

"Well it's the first day of school tomorrow!" Mother said, she greeted both the Children as they sat on the dining table.

"But," Annita paused.
" 'Tis Why do we need to go to school?" Annita said with a pout on her face.

"Annita, you are my capable daring girl.. But I need to go somewhere and I think it's best that while I'm gone you two can go to school. It's an experience!" Mother smiled.

"Why do you have to leave? And why can't we go with you?" Soria sighed.

"Soria, I would love you to come with. But it's for my work and I cannot bring my beloved girls. Besides, Nevermore is a beautiful and wonderful adventure for you two." Mother smiled widely.

She put the waffles on the plates. Annita stood up and went outside.
Annita walked up to the tree, she waved her hand slightly and some syrup came out. She held a glass in her hand and started putting the syrup inside.

"Delicious" Annita said, she sucked the syrup that spilled on her hand and nodded away.

"Here mother, and sister." Annita said as she walked back in.

"Why, thank you Ann." Soria took the glass and poured the syrup onto her waffle.

later, in the afternoon.

Soria was driven mad as she put her clothes, and accessories in her luggage.

Her sister, Annita put some syrup onto her favorite outfit by accident.

A small envelope passed through the door. Soria groaned and picked it up

Dear Soria,
I am extremely sorry for the stain I put on your favorite outfit. I am very clumsy and I hope for your forgiveness.

Love,
Annita ♥️

Soria smiled lightly before she glanced at the ruined dress.
Soria torn the letter in pieces that scattered the floor.

Knock, knock

"It's mother." Mother said behind the door before entering.
"Why, what a mess, Soria." Mother said before gathering the scattered pieces.

"I hate her!" Soria scolded her sister who was passing through the hall. Annita stopped walking and stayed to listen.

"She always ruins everything! I wish she was never here!" Soria said, grabbing a pillow and stuffing her face.

Mascara fell down her cheeks, the pillow stained in tears and make-up. Mother sat on the small desk chair.

The cottage was small, and Soria and Annita shared one room. Annita's side was all white. While Soria's side was black and red.

A loud slam of the door startled mother. Mother stood up and walked to the window to see Annita running away in her white dress and bow. Her dress slightly turning blue and the sky poured rain.

The rain got harder and heavier by the second. Annita was crying in a small shelter she built long ago. Sticks and leaves kept Annita dry.

Her dress and bow were dark blue as Annita sobbed her heart out.

Annita was so sensitive, she can cry and cry for hours if the ones she love didn't wish for her.

four long hours after,

The sun started set, and the moon howled as it rose.

Annita started to head back to the cottage as her sister's harsh words repeated in her head.
"I hate her!"
"I wish I never had a sister!"

Once Annita reached the cottage. Her clothes drenched wet and her eyes bloated from tears. Her cheeks bare and her hands shaking.

"Annita!" Soria ran up to her drenched sister.

"Soria? I thought -" Soria cut her off.

"Please you know how dramatic I am! I really was scared Annita, do not do that anymore!" Soria cried as she hugged on her sister's shoulder.

"Oh darling! I was about to call the forest ranger!" Mother cried out.

"I'm sorry for causing worry. I was emotional about some words..." Annita said, wiping her tears that started forming again.

"Hush now, it's alright. Take a warm shower and go to bed. It's an exciting day tomorrow." Mother guided Annita to the bathroom.

Soria stood silently crying on the couch.

Mother walked to the couch, sitting beside Soria.

"My sweet Soria, I trust you will apologize. Your words hurted Annita. I hope that she didn't take it to heart." Mother sighed as she rubbed Soria's shoulder.

"I didn't mean it... I was just angry!" Soria said, her voice cracked a bit.

"It's okay. Soria get some rest. We are waking extra early tomorrow." Mother nodded.