picking flowers

ANNITA'S POV

It was a few days after moving into Nevermore.
I was sitting on the bench tables in the quad when I noticed Xavier talking with someone in a tight corner.

I couldn't get up from my seat because if I did, someone would take it.

So waved my hand in the air and yelled to get his attention.

His eyes drifted into my table and walked over.
"Mm, thanks for reserving a table for me, sweetheart" Xavier teased as he sat down.

I realized who the other guy was. Ajax.

"Oh you're Ajax right?" I tilt my head.
"Yeah." He said not looking up from a paper he held.

I wasn't in any classes with Ajax so I sort of forgot about him.
I tried to read the paper he was holding then Ajax snapped.

"Dude, you Medusa children have zero respect for personal space!"

"I, I'm sorry..." I stuttered. I didn't expect him to be rude. But I always say to myself that perhaps the person is going through something. I shouldn't judge people because of how they act.

Ajax stormed off and Xavier was left alone with me.

"Is he okay? did I do something?" I start shaking.
"Woah, no its okay. Your sister just reads his mind a lot and he's getting really pissed, he really likes his personal space." Xavier said as he say my hands shaking on the table.

"I'm the worst." I start crying and run away.
Xavier tried following me, but my dressed turned blue and rain started to pour.

It was the woods. Nature.
I magically moved my hands to shelter myself as I cried.
I spotted a flower batch on an empty field. They were getting too soaked and could die.

I immediately tried to stop the rain and walked up.
Waving my hands I dried the flowers and myself.

I sat on the grass, and picked some ready-flowers. My thoughts got a head of me since I didn't realize someone was smoking near by until I smelt it.

"Eugh!!" I gag.
"Sorry Princess" A friendly boy said.
I didn't turn my head but I snapped my fingers and a second later he start to complaint.

"What the fuck! Why did you do that!" He argued
I took out the light and threw his smoke away.

"That was like a dollar pack." I rolled my eyes. "It's unhealthy for the environment and yourself." I say getting up with a basket full of flowers.
The leaves rustled as he got up.

"Ajax?" I say as he towered over me.
I didn't recognize his over-friendly voice since it wasn't the same a while ago.

"Annita." He looked up to me.
I dropped my head to the group and ignored his eyes. His handsome brown eyes.

But he took his fingers and lifted my chin and our eyes met. It was silent for a minute before spoke.
"You're intensely beautiful" He smiled.
He had small dimples on his cheeks and I blushed at his warm smile.
I didn't know if he was meaning it or if it was the smoking affect.

"You're um..." I pause. I don't know Ajax since we don't meet up or talk.
"What?" He says, impatient.
"You're very cute and clueless...?" I say unsure if it was a nice answer. So I walked away immediately before humiliating myself.

Hmm, maybe clueless wasn't the best way to end the conversation, but it will keep him thinking. And Enid told me the same thing. So I wasn't the only one who thought it, right?

I walked up to the small shelter where Xavier showed me his art. It was a lovely place. I wanted to try and draw something as a suprise for the next time he visited.

I picked up the paintbrush and started mixing colors and sizes. It was fun. Soon I made a, well a masterpiece. I chuckled when I took a last glance and left.

With my painting time I didn't realize it was already after curfew. And If some teachers or students saw me, I'd be in big trouble.

I tried opening my dorm but the door was locked.
"Xavier? Hello?" I shout-whisper since it was past our curfew.
"What?" he answered the door with some pencils in his hands.
"Sorry to interrupt your drawing session, Xav" I chuckle
"Yeah, alright. Come in before the see you" He calls and I enter with zero hesitation.

"Dude!" I ran up to see a drawing on his desk with a picture of me. I did feel quite uncomfortable. But it was also quite cool.
"Ann" He says in a worried voice, like he doesn't want me to see it.
"Too late!" I chuckle. I picked up his sketch pad and started flipping the pages.
Almost all pages were me. Uh, stalker vibes.
"Ann, stop" He says, a bit annoyed.
I do stop. I respect people and their wishes.
"I..." He says.
"Let's go to sleep" I mutter. A yawn escaped my mouth.

A/N
Eugh I know Ajax probably doesn't smoke but likeee.... yeah.
Anyways I can't think anymore so here you go
...

word count 539 <3

EDITED!
NEW WORD COUNT: 868